Check out my music!

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

guilhermek

Check out my music!

Post by guilhermek » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:39 am

Just created a new site and some new songs. I tend to like NewAge music more, but I also like to do some Electronica UpBeat songs too.My wife recently helped me producing the song The Fields 2.0, and I also did a song with my own voice with a more ElectroRap style called New Skool.My new site: www.William-K.comBest Regards, WilliamK

guilhermek

Re: Check out my music!

Post by guilhermek » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:21 am

Bump?

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Hi WilliamK,I was entertained by your collection. You have a lot of creative ideas in your music. Some Indian influences sneak in here and there that I'm totally into. Two problems for me though: 1) Although you have good beats and sound textures, some of your melody lines feel a bit restricted and don't flow with the same level of adventurous creativity as your textural work.2) I was surprised that your low end was so severly chopped off considering that you designed your own VSTi. I would have expected your site would have showcased your sound quality.You've got some good stuff there. Keep us posted.-Allen

guilhermek

Post by guilhermek » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:21 am

Allen, thanks for taking the time to listen to my songs. Do you mind been more precise? Which songs you listened to? Yes, I do like Indian music. I don't get about the low end, do you mean bass? Here it plays very nicely, at least on my monitors+sub-woofer. Maybe the equalization was bad? The Drums are mostly loops, so don't blame Wusikstation for that. ;-)Best Regards, WilliamK

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:40 am

Quote:Allen, thanks for taking the time to listen to my songs. Do you mind been more precise? Which songs you listened to? I wasn't swept away by the melodic patterns you chose in "The Field 2.0 (NewAge / Ambient)" starting at 1:19 - 1:50. I'm not saying it was bad... I'm just saying the melodic work wasn't world-class and wasn't as strong as the production.The hammer dulcimer sound In "New Dimension 2.0" was very good and reminded me of an Indian santur, but the lead melody line starting at 2:43 was not interesting enough to capture and hold my attention. I enjoyed the brief tabla sound at the end. In "Holding Time" the repeating piano line in the background wasn't enjoyable for me for a while but it seemed more effective when the lead piano came in. But the melody starting at 2:52 seemed to lack the creative inspiration needed to propel the song forward. Personally, I always lose interest in a song when the melody circles back onto itself and uses the same notes too soon. My ear wants the music to move forward and say something more. Without that movement, I feel the sensation of standing still without any other purpose than to hear nice sounds.Quote:I don't get about the low end, do you mean bass? Here it plays very nicely, at least on my monitors+sub-woofer. Maybe the equalization was bad? The Drums are mostly loops, so don't blame Wusikstation for that. ;-)Yes I mean bass. Thanks for your clarification. I can see now that I am comparing your mixing choices against my expectations for your music. I find myself wanting more bass energy in your songs. It may be merely a personal choice, but perhaps your genre demands louder bass. Do a side-by-side comparison with similar tracks recorded by successful artists to decide whether I'm correct about this. I may not be. I'm only writing the above comments because I enjoyed your tracks over-all and I think you deserve some careful listening time and feedback. But in the end, I'm just one guy. Cheers,Allen

guilhermek

Post by guilhermek » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks Allen, that makes more sense now. I will re-visit the songs latter this month, and have those things in mind.Best Regards, WilliamK