Christian Song?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kepa

Christian Song?

Post by kepa » Mon May 18, 2009 6:08 pm

Hi guys this is my first post of any of my songs please let me know if you think I'm on target and all critiques. I'm really honored to be among some of the best in the biz it's a bit nerve racking as well. I could not find (afford) to get female vox.The title of my song is "Everlasting Love". The link is www.myspace.com/kepsm orhttp://soundclick.com/share?songid=7617507CONTEMPORARY CHRISTIAN/POP-R&B SONGS are sought by an LA based boutique publishing and production company that is run by an internationally successful songwriter and a producer/recording engineer for a new female artist who is in her late teens. They are looking for a mainstream Pop sound coupled with a soft R&B influence a la Alicia Keys, Keyisha Cole and recent Beyonce. Lyrically, any Christian themes need to be delivered in subtle way as they really want songs that have high crossover appeal. Instrumentation and vocal presentation need to be top-notch! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Thursday, July 9, 2009. TAXI #S090709CCThanks Kepa

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Christian Song?

Post by k o star » Mon May 18, 2009 7:05 pm

hi Kepa...This is a good song... I would definitely like to hear a female voice sung over this...I like the feel of this song... the chords used... progression...Production wise... I think needs quite a bit of work there...With better production... and cleaning up here and there in the mix... I think this could go far... just MHO. HTH..Keep up the good work..-Kel
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

toddt
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by toddt » Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Kia ora mate, and welcome.That's a very good song. Appealing melodies, good lyrics, and any Christian themes are subtle as the listing requests.Production wise it's simple yet effective, though perhaps a touch less reverb on your voice would make it slightly clearer.I'm not sure it's bang on the "a las" listed, though I'm not an expert on those so I'll refrain from being too certain.The main difficulty might be the male vox for a female listing - this could (probably would) be a problem. You have a lot of time before this listing closes however, so if you want to submit to it you may well find someone here who is interested in a collaboration - why don't you post something on the General Hangout forum and see what you get?Besttt

kepa

Post by kepa » Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Thanks Ko Star and tt for your awesome feedback about the production and collab advice.Kepa

Active
Active

Post by 381 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 am

Kepa, nice song, I would definitely kill the reverb, I do not think it would get forwarded in it's current mix, and with that heavy of a reverb it's really hard to discern much more out of the overall mix. Also there are a few spots where background noise stands out, I noticed one good example right at the end. Good Song, Good Choices on instruments, just needs polished. Good luck.

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 am

Hey I'd like to review this piece, but your MySpace page is asking me to log in in order to hear your songs? I've pretty much abandoned MySpace, don't remember my pwd and don't care to remember it anymore. Any chance you could put this up on a host like soundclick, broadjam or some other page that's open to listening w/o a login? You'll probably get more responses to requests for critiques that way (maybe I'm the only one here that hates MySpace...)Erich

kepa

Post by kepa » Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 am

Hi Erich, yeah I can do that soundclick, broadjam thing though I've never done it before. I'll give it a try and let you know when it's ready or may be you could pm me (not too sure how to do that either) and guide me through it? Thanks 381and Ko Star the reverb is gonna get the chop, definitely. Does anyone think that the instrumentals could stand on it's own in it's current state?Thanks again for the great feedback.Kepa

kepa

Post by kepa » Wed May 20, 2009 9:46 am

Just got my soundclick account thanks again Erich.

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Wed May 20, 2009 12:54 pm

This is a nice tune, catchy melody and nice changes. Very reminescant of vintage Al Jarreau; well done.some suggestions:-Vox are swimming in 'verb, I'd definitely back that down. -Drums sound a bit machine like; that said it would be nice to hear more variations in the pattern, maybe have them go to the ride on the chorus outNice job and best of luck with this one.Erich

kepa

Post by kepa » Thu May 21, 2009 2:45 am

Hi Erich,Alot of people have said that it reminds them of Al Jarreau. Thanks for the compliment I still haven't heard any of his stuff yet. I'm gonna youtube him. Anyway, I will definitely back the 'verb on the vox down. You are right about the drums when I get some funds together I get a real drummer.Thanks Kepa