Confused

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

solrax
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Confused

Post by solrax » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 am

I have a big dilema, and I've been thinking about it all night. I have some choices to make, and they have to be right.So I took a job transfer from Texas to Maine. It's not to bad here, but my wife hates it. In fact, she went on a 6 month vacation, we both agreed on, to Texas. This has kept me away from her and my daughter. We are not separated or anything, she'll be back at the end of June. I also kinda want to go back to Texas I miss my family and my friends. (I miss my band too!)This is where the dilema comes in, and I have to make a choice.I can stay here in Maine for a couple more years, and wait to get promoted back to Texas. The good things about this is that I get more training....A lot more training. The bad things are that I have to stay here a couple more years and my company will not pay my move. I can also hope I get a 90% or better on my supervisor test this Sunday, and put in for 2 almost guaranteed promotions. None of these are near Texas, and I would have to promise them 3 years. I can then get to go wherever I want after those 3 years. The good things are that I get my move paid and I can almost guarantee I'll be close to my family again in 3 years. The bad things are that I have to score a 90% or higher, on a killer test....I've been studying, and all the study material for the test, is about 1500 pages, all small print with no pictures! The other downside is that I have to wait 3 years before going back to Texas.The last thing I can do is wait about 3 months, put in for a transfer, and hope that I get it within 6 months. If I don't get it within 6 months I try again. The bad things are that it's not guaranteed and it's not a promotion. Furthermore, I will lose the ability to get trainings and make getting a promotion harder for me. The good things are that this is the easiest of all roads to get back, they will fund my move, and I will be close to my family. I'm confused I don't know what to do. This is a random post, but had to get it out of my system. I figured the best place to do it would be on this forum, since everyone here has been great to me.On the bright side, the music shop opens in 57 minutes, and I'm gonna be there!