Contest is now over---What genre?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Contest is now over---What genre?

Post by jeffabbey » Sun May 18, 2008 5:20 pm

New Contest... is now overBe the first to find the mistake in this song and you will recieve 100 points... (Hint) it is not a sour note.Put this in the right genre and if it's forwared you get 1,000 point... (Hint) I know the genre but it is not list.http://abbeydigitalarts.com/CD/BlackTre ... nks,JeffPS Okay no more posts please, let this song drop off the first page to make room for others.

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: New Contest---What genre?

Post by jeffabbey » Tue May 20, 2008 8:36 am

Okay, no one listened to this song so I had to make it a New ContestClick link on top post.

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:07 pm

JeffAbbey,Well... Don't know if I heard anything that sounded like a mistake. Nothing stood out ta' me. As far as genre, it's a fit for a number of them, IMO... Film /TV/Video Game Music, Hard To Classify, Instrumental, and possibly Modern Rock. You'll just have ta' read into the right listing when it comes along, give it a shot, and submit it. I do more writing to listings rather than fitting an existing piece to them, so it's hard ta' say. You'll hit the jackpot sooner or later, I'm sure.I-468

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffabbey » Tue May 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi I-486,Indeed… it is hard to classify, but being that I’m not a member yet I don’t receive the listings so I would have to assume from your response, and seeing that you’re a guitar player, that you’ve yet to see a listing where such a song would fit.However, what I’m trying to do here in this forum is throw up different genre such as Pop / Rock “Sang You To Sleep” another Pop / Rock with a bit of a samba feel “Hands Off My Lady”. The one that I’m working on now would be listed as Contemporary Christian and I intend to follow that up with a Country.In other words, I feel that if I have songs critiqued here first and get them past the ears within the forum, I will then join TAXI and be ready for that particular listing to appear and then throw the pitch. But in all truthfulness I’m a semi retired 55 year old man just having a lot of fun doing this and if it just so happens that I get a song sold to a popular or up and coming group… COOL!However… you listed 7 genre but got only one right in that it is indeed an instrumental so you receive only [143 points]. But you where the first to post so you receive another [257 points] for a grand total of [400 points in the genre category].Jeff

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Tue May 20, 2008 3:13 pm

As returning co-champion, I'd have to say it's "an instrumental" with the mistake at 2:10.For bonus points, I'd say the intended purpose of the song is "to be listened to", and I'll also throw inthis bonus link if you act now and hand out donuts:http://www.taxi.com/industry.php?Listings-index-box
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffabbey » Tue May 20, 2008 4:18 pm

Devin,You do get the bonus points but you should not have shown me a page on the site that I was not aware of that has the listings, because “Hard To Classify” is a listing. Therefore I-486’s [points of 143] now increase to [250 point] giving him a grand total of… [507 points].But… you get [500 bonus points] for showing me the listings are on the site. However, in the mistake category… That note is suppose to be there at 2:50 so you get a deduction of [-50 points] in the mistake category.I will modify the upper most post with (Hints)Jeff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm

May 20, 2008, 6:02pm, jeffabbey wrote:Indeed… it is hard to classify, but being that I’m not a member yet I don’t receive the listings so I would have to assume from your response, and seeing that you’re a guitar player, that you’ve yet to see a listing where such a song would fit.Well...perhaps this will help me out with more points. If you were to click on this address, this'll help get the listings delivered to your email.http://www.taxi.com/elisting.html?Elist ... tingsThere is a possibility that such a listing has come across for something of this nature at one time or another, but it's also possible that I missed it, or it wasn't something that I thought I would do well with, based on the description of the listing, or it's possible that I was focused on something different at the time, like orchestral listings, and therefore, overlooked such an opportunity. If I were to go back thru past listings, there's a possibility that such an opportunity came about at one time where this song would've been a good fit. That would require a bit of research though. That's worth...[2000 points] I-468

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Wed May 21, 2008 12:26 am

May 21, 2008, 1:02am, ibanez468 wrote:Well...perhaps this will help me out with more points. If you were to click on this address, this'll help get the listings delivered to your email.http://www.taxi.com/elisting.html?Elist ... tingsI-468(Devin bows to grand-master I-468, and in his best Odin-voice: "Verily Ibanez, I conceed the match to thee. Thy donuts are thine....")
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Wed May 21, 2008 8:01 am

howdy--contest probably over (for me anyway) but just listened and i hear jazz fusion as the genre.cheers,warren

jeffabbey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeffabbey » Wed May 21, 2008 9:57 am

Hello Contestants,First I will point out the mistake category… Sloppy play on the chorus, first occurring at 1:14. Under normal circumstances Devin would have received [0 points] giving him a second chance at finding the mistake. However, because the three judges saw Jeff weeping bitterly in the corner off stage because Devin had hurt his feelings, they decided to give Devin a [-50 point]. Jeff was then seen drying his tears.May 20, 2008, 4:07pm, ibanez468 wrote:JeffAbbey,Well... Don't know if I heard anything that sounded like a mistake.When Jeff heard this statement he began clapping his hands jumping up and down with a big smile on his face like a small child. When the judges gave Ibanez468 no points, Jeff ran out onto the stage and argued with the three judges for 4 hours that Ibanez468 should have been awarded a minimum of [50 points], but the judges refused to listen.Drum roll please. And the winner is… Ibanez468 with [507 points + 492 bonus points for showing Jeff the “Elisting-listings”] for a grand total of [999 points].The announcer quits the roaring crowd… One moment ladies and gentlemen… heinsite the janitor, (better known as Warren), who was mopping up the pool of Jeff’s tears, just stood and name the correct genre… “Jazz Fusion” and is awarded by the three judges [1000 points] making him the winner off… A NEW CAR! (That unfortunately fell off the deliver truck and was totaled. And now Warren has to pay towing charges to get the dang thing towed out of his driveway.)Okay no more posts please let this song drop off the first page to make room for others.