Country Music Listing Confusion....?!

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Country Music Listing Confusion....?!

Post by bc » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:48 am

Quote:'He Stopped Loving Her Today' Desert Island good.

jimmynashville

Post by jimmynashville » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:12 am

Well, folks, the only reason I joined this forum was to reply to this specific thread, because it is an issue that needs to be discussed. You've got my 2 cents now, so thanks for the LOLs, and keep it real...Jimmy

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:35 am

Can you talk to more people about not letting Canadians sing w a drawl, please. How was Tootsie's?

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:54 am

Quote:Can you talk to more people about not letting Canadians sing w a drawl, please. and here I was working on my Draaawwl, ya'llcause They Say I don't Sound country
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:54 am

Quote:J-Nash,I'd just like to say I really like a lot of the lines in your Hey Nashville lyric. I think it's some entertaining, clever stuff. And I would bet there's more than a few people out there who could identify with its spirit. A minor point of criticism if I may: the 'marketing goal' line seemed to jump out at me as not belonging with the rest of it; it felt a bit clumsy. I definitely understand the meaning, and I think that meaning is relevant, but I would suggest maybe finding another way to say it, so that line would flow as nicely as most of the others do. Just an opinion.Some background info on me, as I think it kinda relates here.. I'm a Michigan native who lived outside of Nash (in Murfreesboro) for four years. I worked in downtown Nash during that time, attended NSAI things, etc. Quite honestly, I probably write a lot of the type of music I'm assuming you dislike (pop-country...or Corn Pop, as matto said somewhere ). But then I should really re-read this thread..maybe you don't dislike it, you just object to it being promoted as Country. I used to joke with my family/friends that I was going to Nashville to do what I could to hurry the "watering-down" of real Country music. I was (and am) just joking btw.. I love all kinds of stuff, and I think there's a place for all of it. True, I prefer 'Heads Carolina Tails California' to the stuff referenced in your lyric, but then again, I've always thought Jones' 'He Stopped Loving Her Today' is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard.Anyhoo, I enjoyed the lyric. Rob"He Stopped Loving Her Today"......one of the best (if not THE best) country songs ever written. I heard George didn't want to record it when he first heard it....he thought it was too sad......glad he changed his mind.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:18 am

Quote:"He Stopped Loving Her Today"......one of the best (if not THE best) country songs ever written. I heard George didn't want to record it when he first heard it....he thought it was too sad......glad he changed his mind. I just saw this. It's a great country song you might all enjoy, called 18 Video Tapeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaGmeFhqEpk

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:24 am

Quote:Quote:"He Stopped Loving Her Today"......one of the best (if not THE best) country songs ever written. I heard George didn't want to record it when he first heard it....he thought it was too sad......glad he changed his mind. I just saw this. It's a great country song you might all enjoy, called 18 Video Tapeshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaGmeFhqEpkThanks for that, Bubba. It was beautiful....and a three hanky song, I'd say.

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:55 am

The ultimate country rap song: Commander Cody, 'Hot Rod Lincoln' no drawl. ;-)

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Quote:The ultimate country rap song: Commander Cody, 'Hot Rod Lincoln' no drawl. ;-)ouch. bc, to me that is as bad as putting the good stakes in the stew..... I'm sure you meant to say Charlie Ryan's "Hot Rod Lincoln"sure CC made it famous, but he didn't write it... Rob

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:19 pm

Quote:Also, Steve, Avril Lavigne is not punk. Ask a punk. She said "who?" about Joe Strummer because she doesn't know who he was. She probably doesn't know who Sid Vicious was either. Not that I really like that type of music, anyway, but I apparently know more about it than Avril Lavigne, who claims to be playing it. I hate posers in any genre...Whether Avril is punk is debatable, but not knowing, or giving a rat's a** about, who Joe Strummer Or Sid Vicious are is the essence of punk. I think they would be proud of her...