do you think I'm ready for Taxi

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

isham

do you think I'm ready for Taxi

Post by isham » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:45 am

please listen to my track and don't hesitate to drop a feedback with constructive comments on question Am I ready for Taxi services ?my track is available here :www.soundclick.com/isham

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: do you think I'm ready for Taxi

Post by gitarrero » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:28 am

hey swiss fellow..;)you might should tell us for what listings you're planing to submit - film/tv? recording artist pitches? other?greetings from Zurich,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:43 am

Quote: please listen to my track and don't hesitate to drop a feedback with constructive comments on question Am I ready for Taxi services ?my track is available here :www.soundclick.com/isham Mix is pretty good to me. (maybe vocals are a bit loud) Music content could be more interesting. Lyrics are not exciting at all from a "great song," perspective, IMveryHO. Take advantage of the fact you're not American and use some local German or Italian language phrases to get the vocals a little more unique. Unless you only writing for us fools in America!! (did I just say that out loud?) Assuming you're writing dance music, I think with a little more research & listening to who you think is already producing AWESOME dance music, you'll get lots of ideas. Especially for the drums and bass sounds. But I think this mix as is might work for film/tv listings, but I certainly, am NOT an authority. I'm sure you'll get more opinions soon!!

isham

Post by isham » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:06 pm

thanks a lot for your precise and honest feedbacks ! I'm planning to submit it to the recording artist categorie.In fact my main language is french sgs4u (about 30 % of Swiss people or citizen are speaking french I don't think american are fools at all hihihi, and if they like French I will maybe add some french speaking words at the intro,I composed/produced the music and arrangement for this song, I'm gonna record the voices parts again in 2 weeks (as my voice skills improved and I receive a new mic, it makes a huge difference).What I'm already surprised by the internet exposure for this song, is the volume of listeners for this song (more than 3500 plays in 6 days) Hoi Martin from Zurich (I'm near Bern) very nice site and some songs are very interesting, will send you a pm to discuss offline if you agree,Some other comments ? don't hesitate to be harsh

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:04 pm

I'm a fussy old bastard who likes the Rolling Stones and Lou Reed. And consequently I pretty much criticise a lot of the music I hear here. Especially over produced dance type stuff. Even though my own music ( www.liamkellylive.com ) is pretty crap.But this is an excellent tune. Pitch it to the pop listings and the dance listings. If you're looking to sell it on to another artist.If you're looking for a deal yourself, you will have to work on your accent. It comes through and while that doesn't bother me, it will bother me it will bother A + R people.Tight production, sexy tune. As someone said earlier, the lead vocal is a bit hot in places. Have to watch that cutting a pasting!!!!! But there's potential there.LiamGood luck

isham

Post by isham » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:07 am

thanks a lot for your honest feedback, really appreciated, yes the mix can be approved and the accent as well (working on that !)Take care,