Film & TV Opportunities

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

evanmcgill
Impressive
Impressive

Film & TV Opportunities

Post by evanmcgill » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:43 am

For the Pop genre (Labels and Publishers), I know I have heard that if you submit a song for a pop artist, in all reality, if it was selected, they would take your demo and re-record the entire track from the ground up. Is this any different with the Film/TV where they are looking for songs (not artists)? Thanks!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Film & TV Opportunities

Post by Casey H » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:55 am

Hi
No, not the case... For film/TV, 99% you need master recordings ready to use "as is". The end users are seeking very affordable, no hassle tracks that they can quickly plug in. When you submit you are submitting the recording, not just the song.

Even with artist pitches nowadays, often the demos have to be "master quality". With home recording being so affordable today, you are competing with demos that are very well produced. So producers, labels, managers, etc won't apply any imagination to your demo. They will gravitate to what sounds radio-ready. It is still true that a great song will stand out with a simple guitar and vocal or piano and vocal. But even those have to sound good, very well sung, not sounding lilke a cheap bedroom recording, etc, etc.

HTH
:) Casey

evanmcgill
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Film & TV Opportunities

Post by evanmcgill » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:03 am

Nicely put. I'm still new to this whole thing and I must say I am REALLY enjoying the whole learning process. Thank you!