First Forward...Yahooooo!!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

teamgreen

First Forward...Yahooooo!!

Post by teamgreen » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:32 pm

Merry Christmas to all!! Our best present arrived today via e-mail!!We have been members since October 2007 and just received our first forward!! It was for this listing...A range of great-sounding "LOVE SCENE" INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) are needed by a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. for TV placement. This company ran numerous TAXI listings in 2006 (and signed many TAXI songs) and is now in need of more great material as their service has become very much in demand. They want love themes ranging from sweeping, orchestral textures to solo instrumental pieces (piano, violin, cello, etc.). The score to "Doctor Zhivago" is a great example (though not the only one, of course). The screener liked the piece but indicated that the "strings are a little on the synthetic side". We agree and are working hard to overcome that, but are thrilled with the forward!! Our certificate is hanging proudly on the fridge!!!Would love to hear what you think and are open to any and all constructive criticism.Here's the link:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1Hope you're having a happy! We are!!Rob and MJ

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Forward...Yahooooo!!

Post by bmete » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Rob & MJ,Major congrats! First Forwards are so sweet, Autumn Leaves Fall is very nice... Good Luck!Bob

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Rob and MJ:Congratulations!! It's a lovely piece. I loved the string arrangement. I think I might've fattened it up a little eq-wise but clearly, who cares what I think? They loved it and that's what matters. I got forwarded for this too. I hope all y'all get a much-deserved deal fast! Yay!

teamgreen

Post by teamgreen » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:33 pm

Thanks Bob and Squid! Congrats on your forwards as well. Here's to a great 2008!!Rob and MJ

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:07 am

Congrats! I got a forward on this one too. Hope at least one of us gets an email/call for placement.By the way, are you affiliated with Team Green Landscaping in St. Louis?Peace--

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:41 pm

Congratulations on the forward.It's a very nice track. Is it real piano - so hard to tell these days with such great piano samples?Have a wonderful NEW YEAR!!!Cisco

teamgreen

Post by teamgreen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:34 am

Thanks all for the congrats!Daniel: Sorry, we're not affiliated with the Landscaping Co. from St. Louis. We're happy you also received a forward for this listing. Good luck.Cisco: The piano is the Steinway B from EW Colossus. We just love the sound of it.Have a great New Year everyone!