Forwarded...Now What

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

l2d

Forwarded...Now What

Post by l2d » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:55 pm

I'm 5 for 7 on forwards so far to record labels and publishers for alt rock, so my group is pretty happy (Say Yes is the most popular of our songs) . However, my question is now what? Do I just hang out and wait for someone to contact me? I never got an email from taxi about the forwards, but they are on my submission history. Any ideas on time frame?www.taxi.com/l2d

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Forwarded...Now What

Post by gitarrero » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:47 pm

this question comes up regularly.the answers are pretty much the same: there are at least a thousand of factors in the process of getting an contract offered that we as musician can't controll - so just sit back & wait is in my opinion defenitly not a good strategy. move on, improve your work where possible, if you're an act tour, and pitch, pitch pitch.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Forwarded...Now What

Post by liamkelly » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:59 am

Stats-wise, you're going to get many more forwards from Taxi than contracts from publishers. You may hear back from 1 in 20 or 30 forwards if you're very lucky.So - like Martin said - keep writing and keep gigging.Taxi's just another tool that a band should use. By Taxi's own admission - they're not the best way to make a living from this. Just another way. The best way is a focused, consistent, and realistic approach. The best way is you.Liamwww.myspace.com/liamkellymusic