Game Show theme?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SMur

Game Show theme?

Post by SMur » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:59 am

https://www.taxi.com/members/TF1Jj5AqS5 ... ing-chance This one is a bit out of my norm but I couldn't resist trying. Any thoughts?
Original, RETRO, GAME SHOW INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a globally distributed Music Licensing Company that's had a lot of success landing TONS of Major Network placements every year.

THIS COMPANY PAYS AN UPFRONT FEE! More info below.

This Company is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could be heard on a playlist with the examples below:

The Hollywood Squares Theme

The Dating Show Theme

Match Game Theme

NOTE: You can submit recently recorded Instrumentals in the general style of the references that capture the authentic sound needed, OR if you have high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), they would love to hear those as well!

Please submit original, Game Show Instrumentals with a fun and kitschy retro sound! Your submissions should have unforgettable motifs, dynamic arrangements with forward motion and interest, and plenty of emotionally upbeat, feel-good energy. Instrumentation that's in the general ballpark of the references will work best for this pitch (energetic horns, engaging rhythms, retro synths, electric guitar, etc.). Please make sure your productions are well-balanced and era-appropriate, and that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality and realistic-sounding.

NOTE: This company is searching for Original Instrumentals only - not cover versions of existing game show themes.
Last edited by SMur on Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Game Show theme?

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:01 pm

Is the listing asking for 70's sounding game show themes?
It helps others to help you if you paste the listing and ref tracks.
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

SMur

Post by SMur » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Thanks, just updated!

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:24 pm

Ah, I'm glad to see that it IS asking for retro themes, and you've definitely captured that cheesy vibe of those things, so I think its a pretty good job. IMHO there's not much bass other than the toms, the intro is perhaps a bit long (you could jump straight in at 9s), and I'd suggest being careful that the horns don't totally take over the mix as well as blaring out a bit too much in places (eg 31s and at the very end). However, with a few little tweaks it should make a worthy submission. Good luck with it :) .
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

SMur

Post by SMur » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:42 pm

Thanks, I am definitely gonna give it a few more tweaks before all is said and done!

mteezykeys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by mteezykeys » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:03 pm

The melody definitely has that old kitschy sound to it.

Few things I think you could improve: The horn patches you are using may be, too midi sounding. Drums sound really far away. The bass is too low, and could probably also be a bit funkier rather than sustaining that one rhythm.