Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Post by Kolstad » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:01 am

I recently got this guitar, and love it. It's about half price of a used Les Paul std., and great. I did a YouTube demo on it for fun, so you can check it out too..

https://youtu.be/5QTysGkjX-w

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:28 am

Hi Kolstad,
That sure is a sweet tone. I really like the clean sound when you first begin to play, but those grinding overdrive tones late on are also very attractive to my ears. Sounds like you bought a keeper there. My old Les Paul has a darker tone than most, and after picking up a good Tele about 15 years ago I've never gone back. I really enjoy the top-end of the sound the Tele offers, but there are times when I miss the richness and girth of the LP. Its good to hear that you seem to have a very nice balance of that girth and top end.
Graham (UK).

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Gibson Les Paul Jr. review

Post by Kolstad » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:03 am

Thanks Graham, yeah tele’s are great guitars too. I have had a few, but never a really great one. I have other guitars to cover the top end, but none can do what this Jr can. I sounds very warm, and have a vintage vibe feel to it. I love that! Supposedly the Jr was Gibson’s answer in the 50s to a Fender blackguard tele, and I understand why. It does have a different sound that a std Les Paul. Definately a good crunch on the bridge pickup, without really sounding heavy.. like a tele on stereoids..