how do they know it's Christmas?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

how do they know it's Christmas?

Post by hummingbird » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:19 pm

Just a silly question... the listing reads, "a wide range of ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for use in film/TV/commercials, etc."... so, given that it's a brand new tune, without vocals, how is it going to be recognized as Christmas music? Hmmm... where did I put the sleigh bells... PS - and Irish drinking songs? Oh MY! Finally something I can get my teeth into.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bobbydazzler
Active
Active

Re: how do they know it's Christmas?

Post by bobbydazzler » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Bonus Points?Christmas and Irish Drinking?Shane McGowan and Kirsty MacColl "Fairytale of New York"...... maybe.....

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:28 pm

Not a silly question at all...I have a plethora of Christmas music, but the original songs, for the most part wouldn't be recognized as Christmas without the lyrics, and the instrumentals are all Public Domain songs...so what should I do? Play the Public Domain songs sideways, or replace the vocals on the original songs using Jingle Bells?BTW, I was originally trying to start this topic myself, but couldn't figure out how...is there some sort of trick to starting your own topic? Seems I can only reply to existing topics.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Quote:Not a silly question at all...I have a plethora of Christmas music, but the original songs, for the most part wouldn't be recognized as Christmas without the lyrics, and the instrumentals are all Public Domain songs...so what should I do? Play the Public Domain songs sideways, or replace the vocals on the original songs using Jingle Bells?BTW, I was originally trying to start this topic myself, but couldn't figure out how...is there some sort of trick to starting your own topic? Seems I can only reply to existing topics.To start a topic, you go to the forum area in which you want to post (general hangout, for example (click on General Hangout). You'll see on the top right of the forum box, 'mark as read' - 'new thread' - 'new poll'. Click on 'new thread'.This particular listing is asking for Original Christmas tunes (not public domain or covers). However, I have seen listings for PD / covers so keep what you have and watch for opps H

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Hey Hum....I got nothing on the top right of my forum box other than "Hey, dgnats, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.Aug 23, 2007, 9:40pm "I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers, both up to date, and nothing regarding "new thread" etc is there...strange!Oh, and I knew that listing was asking for original Xmas instrumentals, but as I mentioned, if I take away the lyrics, you wouldn't know that they were Xmas songs....My crack about playing our PD songs sideways was an ill attempt at humor....FYI, I've been forwarding both original and PD songs and have had dozens of forwards, but very little further action....

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 pm

Quote:Hey Hum....I got nothing on the top right of my forum box other than "Hey, dgnats, you have 0 messages, 0 are new.Aug 23, 2007, 9:40pm "I tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers, both up to date, and nothing regarding "new thread" etc is there...strange!Oh, and I knew that listing was asking for original Xmas instrumentals, but as I mentioned, if I take away the lyrics, you wouldn't know that they were Xmas songs....My crack about playing our PD songs sideways was an ill attempt at humor....FYI, I've been forwarding both original and PD songs and have had dozens of forwards, but very little further action....no worries just wasn't sure from what you said if you'd noticed it was original.Re the new thread thing - you're looking too high. When you click on a forum area like general message, there is a 'box' that is rimmed with yellow... if you look at the right side of the box at the top you will see 'new thread'..... try it and see (you won't see it if you are replying to this. You have to back to the forum list, and click on one of the section names, then you'll see it). hope that helps.That's cool about the forwards -- you must be doing a something right!!!!!!!

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:47 am

Just so you don't think I'm crazy, regarding the new thread problem I'm having, I copied and pasted the whole page from the "General Messege" thread, onto the body of an email I was going to send it to you, and wouldn't you know it, in the email, I can see the "mark as read, new thread" links. I ran my mouse across that yellow box, and the pointer turned into a hand, signaling that a link was there, but I just can't see it...must be the color of the lettering is the same color as the box...I'll have to look into that now and see if I can change the color of the font...thanks for getting back to meoh, and after a general count, we have close to 60 forwards, but just a couple of nibbles that have fizzled out...still hanging in there though...suppose I'll go to the next Road Rally, as there is supposed to be a topic for us folks who get lots of forwards and not much to show for them....

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:24 am

Hey D:Congrats on the all the forwards. Weird about the "new thread" font. And if you go to the Rally, can you post what you learned from them about lotsa forwards but no responses? I can't make it this year.

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:59 pm

I laughed when I saw this one, and ended up writing a quickie for it. And the only thing that to me made it Christmas was the obligitory sleigh bells. But, I suppose even without it the harmony and melody still sorta says Christmas... maybe. No word on forwards yet though. Quiet DecemberQuote:Just a silly question... the listing reads, "a wide range of ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for use in film/TV/commercials, etc."... so, given that it's a brand new tune, without vocals, how is it going to be recognized as Christmas music? Hmmm... where did I put the sleigh bells... PS - and Irish drinking songs? Oh MY! Finally something I can get my teeth into.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:21 pm

Ya know, Stick, if that had lyrics, you'd have a hit on your hands.