Hush Little Baby

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rsilva
Active
Active

Hush Little Baby

Post by rsilva » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:58 am

Hey Guys, This is my first crack at anything close to this kind of style (children's lullaby)Aside from the ending, which I haven't work out yet, does this sound extremely lame ? Is the flute to much? Is the song even correct ? http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... trueThanks again,Rick

georginasaint
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Hush Little Baby

Post by georginasaint » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Hi Rick, I had a listen to your song - I like the over-all vibe. I'm doing a couple of arrangements of this myself so I emailed Taxi to see if I could get any more info on what they were looking for re this listing and all they could tell me was that the tune needs to be very recognisable. I felt, listening to your version, that it could be more distinct. Just as an idea, what about putting the tune more on the flute and make the flute more up front? Also, search for the song on YouTube and you'll hear that although it's a repetitive tune, the words make the rhythm vary slightly from verse to verse - you could use that to add variety. You could also modulate it to vary it a bit more. Just a few ideas that came to mind. Good luck with it!Georgie

rsilva
Active
Active

Post by rsilva » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:48 am

Hey thanks a lot, That really helped and I totally agree, I'll try bringing out the flute a bit more as well I'm going to see how it sounds bringing the flute down and maybe bringing the bells out a bit more, Thanks again, Rick

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:18 pm

Hi Rick... cool piece... Yeah bring the bells up a bit... pan them too.... spread them out in the mix...I would also add some stacatto(?) to the flute line.... it actually sounds kinda haunting as is..... I just turned the light on..... to type.... yeah ... to type... I like this.... but as a horror piece.... sorry.... it's a good piece... just off target as is.... brighten up the flute ..... maybe bring in another lead instrument for contrast? Good luck with it... I'm outa genre but hope I helped....Peace, Geo

rsilva
Active
Active

Post by rsilva » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:58 am

Thanks man, ya that's exactly what I was looking for. Sounds a bit haunting to me to. I like the idea of panning the bells, that's a great idea. I'll give that a try as well.Thanks again guys,Rick