I'm Free

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

I'm Free

Post by billg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:01 pm

or really cheap . . . here's a ultra simple quickie worked up for the 60's cover listing . . . I'M FREE by the Stolling Bones.The end of this song is the musical version of those Plan Ahead signs, you know, where you run out of room . . . oh wellhttp://www.billgaunce.com/song/104

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: I'm Free

Post by k o star » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Hell yea! ^_^
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

djb
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Good ol' rock and roll. Can't beat it.

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Hey Bill - Really great job creating that vibe, sounds authentic and timeless, nice! Don't see why this wouldn't get a forward. eo.

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:31 am

Hey Bill, good to see you back. I took a break from the boards myself.You're a pro at these '60s a la's! Have you always been a Stones fan?I'm wondering if the songs of this era (or this one in particular, since it's a cover) have the guitars so close mic'd. I listened to the orignal and it does sound like the guitar (tremolo) is a little more in the background, but your version sounds fine, so probably no reason to change.Vince

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 am

Thank you all.Vince, I've always been a big Stones fan, & 60's stuff in general. I'm up to 23 covers of 60's 70's songs and between two libraries and a licensing company I've been able to sign them all somewhere and had about a dozen forwarded through Taxi. It never fails, I can do one of these that two of the places won't like but the third will love.you're probably right about the guitars. I didn't use any electrics (I planned to but then didn't think it needed it) and mic'd the guits from about two feet but that wasn't enoughI guess. Except for downloading lyrics I did this from memory, i wanted something quick and easy I could put together inbetween doing my actual "job". I knew if I actually listened to the original that I would get "anal" and wouldn't be able to knock it out.Trying to figure out another one to multi-task on today while I'm "working".

carlosgomez
Impressive
Impressive

Post by carlosgomez » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:27 am

Good production. Dead on stereo field. Good blend of freqs and space. A nod to the lows freqs.

t4mh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by t4mh » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:59 am

Very realistic production! All the parts are there! I'd look for a forward from someone.Keith
I hear the voice of God in a bending guitar string!
Life is too important to be taken seriously
No electrons were harmed in the construction of this message.
http://www.t4mh.com

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:46 am

hey billy--STOP nailing these listings--you might get famous!!funny i was on one of them library things yesterday and on the "sound alike" section, i'm scrolling down and see some dude named Bill Gaunce (i'm sure YOU put it there...but hell maybe not), but i couldn't select you, not close enough......BTW, the intro kinda sounded like an old holly's song i thought was gunna come up, but when the vocal's kicked in, yep you had it "stone" nailed.the best,wh

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:35 am

Bill,You are the man for this style and era. I love listening to your versions of these songs. Always authentic, well produced and performed. Not surprised that the libraries are just snapping these up.Derek