I was rememberin` when I was 18

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

I was rememberin` when I was 18

Post by oneeyewillie » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:29 am

I was thinkin` back on my younger years... Linoleum FloorLinoleum Floor ©, Willie McCulloch, 2005Factory windows…broken an`stainedFrom years of hard work…smoke an` the painOf young men an` their faithers, workin` taegetherTae make the linoleum floorTae make the linoleum floorThe dust an` the darkness, the linseed oil sweetness…Carried on winds thru the kirks auld stone wyndsNot the best life fer any, but the work it twas steady Tae make the linoleum floorTae make the linoleum floorWhen Friday night came, the bell it would ring.The men would all gather in a few hours tae singAn` an afternoon grand, with Barrie’s brass band…All fer the linoleum floorAll fer the linoleum floorNow the buildins`are gone, where I worked as a ladAnd bothy’s I sat in wit auld Frank McNab…Just a piece of cold ground, where I learned a trade…Tae make the linoleum floorTae make the linoleum floor

kugeran

Re: I was rememberin` when I was 18

Post by kugeran » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:54 am

All the bestJan Petter

gen5020
Active
Active

Re: I was rememberin` when I was 18

Post by gen5020 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:31 pm

Cool Song, Willie!You took me to the factory (and to Barrie's brass band) for the last 3 minutes. Thanks for letting me experience a part of your youth.All the best!