Inspiring quote, focusing, and manifesting!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

avemaria32

Inspiring quote, focusing, and manifesting!

Post by avemaria32 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:35 am

Hello! This is my first posting. I am new to the TAXI forum but I wanted to share this today. I've been unemployed for about 4 and 1/2 months. (I got laid off at the end of last September.) However, while taking a break from looking for jobs I devoted a lot of time composing new songs and reworking songs that I had previously submitted (I am very greatful for the TAXI critiques! )I love inspirational quotes and below is one that I taped to my monitor, which has helped and continues to help me immensely:"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." Horace (65 - 8 BC)Roman PoetAfter reading Michael's letter today from the new listings I wanted to share this also:I've been a happy, devoted, and focused TAXI member for a 1 yr. and 8 months and in the last 2 weeks two different companies sent me e-mails saying that they wanted to include one of my songs in their libraries. I am absolutely ecstatic! The inclusion process has just begun with these two companies and it is very exciting to see my dream slowly materializing in front of my eyes! After receiving an e-mail yesterday from one of the companies I realized that the song that they are interested in was for a listing that I submitted to back in August 2006! Wow, I am learning that in the music business it does take time but it's definitely worth it. (I am in this for the long-term!)

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Inspiring quote, focusing, and manifesting!

Post by jchitty » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:17 am

This is the kind of post I like to read, Avemaria. I too have faith in TAXI. I think if you stay positive and persevere, your music will find a home. Congrats to you....sounds like you took this approach, and it paid off well for you. I write songs on my own, and I have also co-written some songs with a fantastic local guitarist who's done a demo for me. As I find the funds to have my stuff demoed and my songs start to materialize into record form, it's a very exciting stage for me. I'm chasing that dream too. Your post gives me hope.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:18 am

Hey maria,congrats to the contracts!I really like taxi and already learned a lot from their critiques, and I think it pay off for all who are thinking in long-termn, act professionally and are willing to learn & submit on a constant basis.I was really surprise to get 2 contracts since I've joined taxi (end of sept 2006), I didn't expect it that fast. but anyway, this doesn't say anything - sometimes it gets faster, sometimes it takes it time. so for me taxi is really worth of, too.cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:09 am

Quote: "Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." Horace (65 - 8 BC)Roman PoetThat's a great quote. I had been away from music for a long time, writing software and running a small software development company I started in 1992. In the end I was SO burned out and I guess that was my adversity. I unloaded that burden, set out to write music and never looked back. I guess I should thank the renegade employees that made my life a living hell back then. Congrats on the deals! A deal a week... you'll have a lot of deals by the end of the year. My first Taxi deal took almost a year from the time the songs were forwarded. The more I do this and talk to people, read stories, etc, the more I see that it's a business of patience and long-term thinking. My original 8-month plan has turned into a more realistic 5-year plan. It's not like an official, detailed plan, just that when I'm thinking in terms of a 5-year plan, I'm not having a coronary if one song gets rejected today inside or outside of Taxi. Congrats and good luck,DavePS - Don't forget to approach those libraries in the near future and from time to time thereafter and ask if they'd like to hear more of your music. Build a nice relationship. Now that you're "in", it'll generally be a lot easier to add your songs to their catalog.