Is it a big deal?

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ej

Is it a big deal?

Post by ej » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:54 am

Yesterday I put my song up on Sound Click and today it has risen in the Indie/Alternative Charts to #2 in Canada among unsigned and #54 in the world among both signed and unsigned. Last I looked the song Don't Look Back was 4 behind Gwen Stefani. Is this a big deal? It feels like it is to me but I am such a newbie at internet promotion. I must say, I'm having fun so far. Check out the song and vote from your heart if you are a member of soundclick. I look forward to any of your comments. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... D=751080EJ

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Is it a big deal?

Post by sgs4u » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:02 am

Really good lyrics, really good song. Congrats on your chart status. Quote:Yesterday I put my song up on Sound Click and today it has risen in the Indie/Alternative Charts to #2 in Canada among unsigned and #54 in the world among both signed and unsigned. Last I looked the song Don't Look Back was 4 behind Gwen Stefani. Is this a big deal? It feels like it is to me but I am such a newbie at internet promotion. I must say, I'm having fun so far. Check out the song and vote from your heart if you are a member of soundclick. I look forward to any of your comments. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... D=751080EJ

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:23 am

Quote:Yesterday I put my song up on Sound Click and today it has risen in the Indie/Alternative Charts to #2 in Canada among unsigned and #54 in the world among both signed and unsigned. Last I looked the song Don't Look Back was 4 behind Gwen Stefani. Is this a big deal? It feels like it is to me but I am such a newbie at internet promotion. I must say, I'm having fun so far. Check out the song and vote from your heart if you are a member of soundclick. I look forward to any of your comments. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... Soundclick charts are unfortunately only applicable to soundclick and have no relevance in the larger world of the music industry and can't be compared to Billboard charts. That being said, it's still very cool to be in the top ten!! Congrats
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:20 am

Quote:Yesterday I put my song up on Sound Click and today it has risen in the Indie/Alternative Charts to #2 in Canada among unsigned and #54 in the world among both signed and unsigned. Last I looked the song Don't Look Back was 4 behind Gwen Stefani. Is this a big deal? It feels like it is to me but I am such a newbie at internet promotion. I must say, I'm having fun so far. Check out the song and vote from your heart if you are a member of soundclick. I look forward to any of your comments. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... EJAnything that makes you feel good and enhances your drive to achieve is a good thing in my book. However, just put in perspective what soundclick and it's siblings are. These are sites mostly frequented by other musicians, and very few end-user consumers. Also the SC charts are based mostly on the number of plays, and it's easy to artificially boost your plays and get on the charts.Bottom line, in the real world, a SC or any other internet chart means very little. Real sales and downloads are what count IMHO.I don't have time to listen now, but from the opinions here (which I respect) it must be a good song-- that's the MOST important thing.Aub