Joined dispatch just in time for this one...thoughts?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ThirdStrand
Impressive
Impressive

Joined dispatch just in time for this one...thoughts?

Post by ThirdStrand » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:56 am

Ready for some dispatch fun! Just submitted three for this listing, but the most on-target is "If Today (Instrumental)," I think. Also included "If Today (Atmosphere Remix)" which has vocals, hopefully sparse enough, and a half-time feel...probably a little smoother than they're looking for, and "North Shore (Instrumental/60sec)," which has that rhythmic motive that goes through it but probably not a strong enough melodic statement. As always, comments are welcome, and hope everyone is well!

Matt
www.taxi.com/mattcurleemusic

TOP NY AD AGENCY looking for mid to uptempo POP/ROCK INSTRUMENTALS. According to the agency, they want something that makes “a musical statement--riff, hook, strong melody--something to hang onto and ideally has some motion to it.” They also specified they’d like the track to have different passages and dynamics. He’s open to lyrics but lyrics should be sparse to allow for voice-over. They didn’t specify a length but to be safe aim for :30 to 1:00. The music will be screened by a Music Licensing Agent with direct ties to the agency. If your music is selected and licensed for the ad the agent will take a 20% commission. Please submit one to three instrumentals online. All submissions will be screened by the Music Licensing Agent herself on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than NOON (PDT) on Wednesday, September 28, 2011. TAXI# D110928PR

pedrocosta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Joined dispatch just in time for this one...thoughts?

Post by pedrocosta » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey Matt,
Just looking thought this thread for the first time. Thinking of joining dispatch.

About your track, here's some thoughts (please take with a grain of salt)
I'm not keen on the lead guitar tone used.
I hear a couple of bad notes on the lead at 0:21 and 0:23
The mix seems somewhat flat as well.
Other than that I think this work well for this listing. Best of luck!
And again please take what I said with a grain of salt.

Cheers!
Pedro Costa
Image Image Image

pedrocosta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Joined dispatch just in time for this one...thoughts?

Post by pedrocosta » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:32 pm

Just realized your post is months old LOL.
I guess there isn't much discussion in this thread.
Pedro Costa
Image Image Image