Listing for Singer/Songwriter pop

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bakerstreet
Active
Active

Listing for Singer/Songwriter pop

Post by bakerstreet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:14 am

Hi everyone, an easy question I hope. If a listing says singer/songwriter pop song do you have to be a singer to submit a song. Basically I'm a songwriter but not a performer so I'm unclear if they are looking for songs (I'd get a demo done with a signer co-lab) or if they are looking for an artist to perform a song.

Confused of London

Paul Howes

Thanks.
Paul Howes (aka Reg) - Don't ask, unless we are at the bar.

"The greatest art in the world is the art of story telling" - Cecil B DeMille

I hope you music tells a story.

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Listing for Singer/Songwriter pop

Post by annayarbrough » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 am

bakerstreet wrote:Hi everyone, an easy question I hope. If a listing says singer/songwriter pop song do you have to be a singer to submit a song. Basically I'm a songwriter but not a performer so I'm unclear if they are looking for songs (I'd get a demo done with a signer co-lab) or if they are looking for an artist to perform a song.

Confused of London

Paul Howes

Thanks.
Hey Paul, the listing usually expresses one way or another if it’s a song pitch or an artist pitch. If they don’t mention it being an artist pitch (where they’re looking to sign a band, for example) it’s probably pretty safe to assume it’s a song pitch—and in that case you can use whatever singer you want. You can always post the listing here too if you want confirmation. Hope that helps!