Looking For Advice - Male vs. Female Vocals

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

valeriewynn

Looking For Advice - Male vs. Female Vocals

Post by valeriewynn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:51 am

Hi,If there is a listing looking for songs for a male, do you think it would be rejected outright if there was a female lead vocal on the song, instead of a male?Appreciate any insights!Val

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Looking For Advice - Male vs. Female Vocals

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:11 am

hi Val, this question has been asked before... I have submitted songs with female vocals to listings for 'male' vocals... and since my returns were justified by other elements needing work, I can't say. But the reviewers did say that it would be best if I found a male to sing the demo. Make sure you audition the male singer first... they must learn the song well enough to own it and deliver it in the style you are looking for.I guess the prevailing view is... competition is fierce... so you're up against someone else with an equally great song but your song has female vocals... hmmmm... basically the 'listee' wants to hear the potential of your song and how it will suit the voice of their a la client... so I would think that giving them as much as possible would be your best betHummin'bird PS - welcome!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

valeriewynn

Post by valeriewynn » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:29 am

Thank you, Vikki, for your advice.I've been lurking here for awhile, and I've noticed that you are always so helpful. I've learned a lot here, and I've also checked out your blogs.Thanks for the welcome, too.Val

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:46 am

hey, you're welcome... I have to say I'm just passing on what other folks passed on to me... so keep passing it on good luck!!!!!H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website