My music cave

Tell us about your studio and post some photos no matter how modest or robust it is!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Pvgeldrop
Impressive
Impressive

My music cave

Post by Pvgeldrop » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:24 am

When we searched for a new place to live two years ago, one of the main criteria was a large room I could use as a studio. Happily, the place we have now has just that! Largest bedroom in the house, well isolated and, even better, no neighbours. Anywhere. Ever.

Pretty simple setup all in all, but perfect for what I do; using a few terabytes of VI's, I work primarily from Sibelius, occassionally doing some light mixing and mastering in Cubase Artist. A small M-Audio Keystation 49 at my right hand for quick fiddling around, my old Roland HP101e for when I want to relax and play piano. Not in the picture is a cardoid microphone for the occassional voice-over. Recently replaced my trusty old ESI Maya 44XTe for a MOTU Ultralite MK4, which was a good choice!

My digital gear of choice: EastWest Hollywood Diamond/Platinum libraries, Sibelius Ultimate, VirHarmonic Voices of Prague/Soloists of Prague/Boys Choir, Cubase Artist 9 and a selection of Waves plugins for mixing/mastering.
My physical helpers: a collection of books on music theory, harmony, counterpoint, orchestration and other theoretical stuff.

My wife is forbidden from entering the room when the door is closed. It's a good deal, as I don't like being interrupted while working. ;)
Paul van Geldrop

Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/paulvangeldrop
Twitter: @OhIsDatZo

NoellR
Active
Active

Re: My music cave

Post by NoellR » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 am

Very cool, studio and musical work station! 8-)

-Noell

billhewett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: My music cave

Post by billhewett » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am

Nice space, Paul!!!! I hope there is beautiful music coming out of there :)

-Bill