My update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eblossman

My update

Post by eblossman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:57 am

Hello Everyone,
It's been crazy year since January. I started out 2017 with no licensed tracks, and through a submission from Taxi I signed an exclusive publishing deal in January 2017. I can now report back that including all the alt mixes, and some registrations by other various publishing companies that I just licensed my 78th track. When I look back it all started with a Taxi submission. I was getting a lot of forwards with no action and all it took was just one opportunity. I am getting a good percentage of what I write now licensed so I am not submitting to Taxi as much as I once did as I just don't have much available to send. Usually if they pass on something it is for a reason. I remember the first 3 or 4 years I was a member I never even got a forward but all of the advice that I received definitely made me a better writer. I often go back and listen to my early tracks and can see how all the rejection shaped me to strive to be better.

Holmseth
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: My update

Post by Holmseth » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 am

Wow that is awesome. Congratulations on your success. Well done hanging in there in the waiting. All the best.
Asbjorn :geek:

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:59 am

Sounds like you're having quite a ride. Its nice to hear that, despite a high number of forwards not bringing you much action, a single opportunity has turned things around for you. Congratulations for achieving so much in a relatively short time, and I wish you more success to follow. :)
Graham (UK).

eblossman

Post by eblossman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Thanks! Much appreciated!