Pandora Question..

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SANDPEARL
Active
Active

Pandora Question..

Post by SANDPEARL » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:37 am

I'm looking for the cheapest way to submit music to pandora..so far a short run w/barcode and joining Amazon music will run me around $130.00...I could really care less about having physical cds but it's a requirement for submitting...is there a cheaper way?

thanks ;)

mikeymike2000
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Pandora Question..

Post by mikeymike2000 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Um, not sure where $130 comes from but CD Baby is only like $69 for life of each album and I am pretty sure that price includes the bar code. Although it is "extra" that is the total price, if I remember correct. There are other places like Tune Core that offer a free bar code but you have to pay each year to keep the album or singles "alive" on the web.

HOWEVER, if you want to be on Pandora, they do require you to have physical CD's at Amazon. So, if that is your goal you should check out this page first: http://help.pandora.com/customer/portal ... to-pandora

Good luck.

PS CD Baby will put you into iTunes, Amazon and a ton of other places all for this one price.

If you want a place for really affordable physical CD's PM me.

SANDPEARL
Active
Active

Post by SANDPEARL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:09 am

thanks Mike..

the breakdown was this..

$30.00 for Amazon music

$100.00 for a short run (25) w/barcode..

if you know of a cheaper way please pm me..

if I went with CD baby it would cost me $69.00 w/barcode plus $100.00 for short run of cds and that would meet all criteria to submit to Pandora (my only reason for all this)...I really don't expect to sell cds as I don't play live,don't have a huge mailing list,don't do all that much promotion (and also give free d'loads @ my site) but CD baby would get the disc into a lot more places I guess if Pandora doesn't play anything off of it...might go that avenue I guess...if you (or anyone) have a cheaper/better alternative ...pm me...or post here..thanks

mikeymike2000
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mikeymike2000 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Ah,OK

PM on the way!

pboss
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by pboss » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Mike, I'm curious about that info too (the info via PM). Thanks
Patty Boss composes music for NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox, Bravo, MTV, VH1, etc.

http://soundcloud.com/pattyboss
http://pattyboss.com

mikeymike2000
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by mikeymike2000 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 am

Sent :)

SANDPEARL
Active
Active

Post by SANDPEARL » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:15 am

thanks again Mike..great service..I'll use this anytime I need cds made...saves so much $ (and hassles)

pboss
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by pboss » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Yes, thanks Sandpearl and Mike. When I need discs, they are always shorter run, in the amount of copies. There are companies who will sell you 1000, but for me, personally, the niche in the market that is not filled is the short-run. Also, thanks for the details on the different avenues, above, for online options and how they work in your experience, very helpful.
Patty Boss composes music for NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox, Bravo, MTV, VH1, etc.

http://soundcloud.com/pattyboss
http://pattyboss.com

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:58 pm

createspace.com is actually free and CD's are printed to order. They take a bit of a high % but if you don't plan on selling many physical copies, no biggie.

Also, when submitting to Pandora, be sure sell yourself. You only get one chance to submit, if you get denied you're outta luck.

Marc
-- Marc Blackwell

SANDPEARL
Active
Active

Post by SANDPEARL » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:42 am

marcblack30 wrote:createspace.com is actually free and CD's are printed to order. They take a bit of a high % but if you don't plan on selling many physical copies, no biggie.

Also, when submitting to Pandora, be sure sell yourself. You only get one chance to submit, if you get denied you're outta luck.

Marc
Marc..please elaborate on that if you can...I plan to submit soon as I just finished the last track on this record..I glanced at the submission process and if I remember properly you submit 2 tracks online to start..how do you sell yourself @ that point or do you mean if asked to send a CD you then add press,personality etc....thanks :geek: