Variax, or Guitar Rig type software?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

milfus
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Variax, or Guitar Rig type software?

Post by milfus » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:12 pm

yeah, for the record, i tried guitar rig, amplitube, pod, pod xt live, and standard pedals and amps, I found that the pod xt and amp combo was the leader by far, but thats just one guys opinion, my main prob with the plug ins, the grain just didnt seem realistic for me, maybe i just didnt tweak it enough, pod xt is pretty BA after you build some tones (stock ones are pretty nice though, but the ones you can get out of it are a lot better) and if you get like a little amp, i got a little marshall, it adds just the right amount of grain and liveness to it to really sell it, tho I strongly recommend finding what works for you specificly, cause thats what you are gonna default back to
in the time of trumpets and guitars, there was an oboe

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:25 am

I'm going to switch this conversation to a Amplitube vs Guitar Rig thread. Might attract more opinions...

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by daniel481 » Fri May 02, 2008 8:32 am

Haha, just when you changed it I drop in to say that I use the new POD X3, and I think it sounds killer. It has tons of amps, all the cabs you could want, mic placement options, and great analog modeled stomp boxes and effects. It sounds great whether used with a Variax guitar (which I have and think sounds really good, actually, and I've been a professional guitarist and studio musician for quite some time now, have played almost every guitar out there, etc), or any other.Just my two cents!Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion...:)Dan

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:20 am

Actually Dan, I shouldn't have discounted the POD X3...I will add that to my list of things to check out....