Can you recommend a good sound card?

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

og
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Can you recommend a good sound card?

Post by og » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 pm

Ditto on the E-MU 0404. I like it.

milfus
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Can you recommend a good sound card?

Post by milfus » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:12 pm

I still have an 0404 but its in a box, thing was a nightmare for me, was just so used to not having the extra steps, like the global interface and stuff, and i had a hell of a time setting up a few years back, once I got it running, it ran well, but there seemed to be a lot of obfuscation. I think a firewire interface might be a good idea, cause you arent getting an 0404 in a laptop anyhow, most are pretty sweet and to the point, I used an mbox 2 for awhile before I upgraded, and I still take it with me some places, like if i am teaching someone pro-tools (steep learning curve for most, but ultimately very rewarding once you get into the upper level functions), might wanna look at the m-powered interfaces, altho I have a definite pro-tools bias, so if you prefer a different DAW you might wanna make sure its compatible, that and it really depends on the scope of your project, if its just you recording yourself, then you arent gonna need 8 inputs, so I would scale it to your needs, maybe a little more than your needs just incase
in the time of trumpets and guitars, there was an oboe