CD write speed

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

og
Impressive
Impressive

CD write speed

Post by og » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 pm

I think I understand that if you write cds at aslower speed, you get more good stuff on the disk. Now, if a cd is marked 52X, do you still get the benefit of writing slower, or should a slower cd be used?The main reason I ask is that my mom got one of those rigs that plays vinyl to digital, and cleans up the sound of the old records. But her old cd player won't play a disk written at 52X--30something is about the limit. She has cds marked 52X and tried writing them at 32, but they still won't play. Her 16X written at 16 play fine. BTW, I have tried to play my own cds written at 52 on her machine, and they won't play.Could someone sort this out in terms I can tell a gal who is less tech savvy than me? Thanks.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: CD write speed

Post by ernstinen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:47 pm

A lot of older CD players won't play CD-R's, period. The technology has gotten better in the past year or so, since the demand has beaten down the door.I bought one of the first stand-alone Marantz CD burners, and it rejects most blank discs. It's gotta be at least 7 years old.I'm selling it if anyone wants a great CD recorder! If you find a premium CD-R that it likes (Mitsui), it would be a great live recorder because it has mic inputs. Bidding starts at $50. Ern