SONAR HELP--exporting

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

SONAR HELP--exporting

Post by edteja » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:28 am

I recently got SONAR STUDIO 6 and I am struggling to learn it. It is coming along fine, but I did my first mix the other day and realized that I can export audio as wav (RIFF), CD, mp3 and that's it. How do you folks who do tv and all that convert to AIFF or whatever is called for?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: SONAR HELP--exporting

Post by edteja » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:19 pm

BUMP. No one have a clue?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

keystevens

Post by keystevens » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:38 pm

I use WavePad, It lists Aif and tons of other conversions in there. Surprised it's not in the Sonar 6 export option. I use Sonar 5 but do all my last minute conversions in WavePad.I quickly looked it upThink this location is worth a tryhttp://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/WavePad- ... 10754.html

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:13 pm

Quote:I recently got SONAR STUDIO 6 and I am struggling to learn it. It is coming along fine, but I did my first mix the other day and realized that I can export audio as wav (RIFF), CD, mp3 and that's it. How do you folks who do tv and all that convert to AIFF or whatever is called for?Hi Ed,Welcome to the "Sonar" club. I have version 5 and I'll probably upgrade at some point.I've only ever had one project where they specifically asked for the music in AIFF format. 99.99% of the time a WAV file is what fits the bill. To answer your question, I've found iTunes to be really useful for converting files and the best part is that it's free.Generally, I'll export as a WAV file (for the project) and use iTunes to convert the WAV file to an MP3 for my website or some future Internet use. You can also convert to AIFF as one of the options.Dave

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:20 am

Ah. Thanks Dave.I was surprised that SONAR didn't have that feature, since it imports AIFF fine. I have been doing it in Cool Edit Pro--an ancient and no logner supported DAW that does export in myriad file formats. So that saved my bacon in terms of the current documentary, since the music supervisor wanted AIFF files. But I was hoping to get stuff OFF my disc drive. iTunes is a possibility since I should have it anyway.SONAR 6 has some cool features over 5 for my use, in terms of synching audio files, and midi, but the way you work I'm not sure if those would even get used. It is a lovely package, but complex, and I am printing out the 900+ page manual as needed to learn specific bits.