My Lobotomy Baby

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

My Lobotomy Baby

Post by wignelson » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

Is there a listing for this one?Or is some art just destined to be part of posterity? http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewtra ... ckid=71267

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: My Lobotomy Baby

Post by ideascapes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 pm

Wig,This rivals "Butthole Surfers" as the most un-PC title or band name! Some really good production elements in there and the vocal sort of floats above the band.Listing? Retro songs about brains in a jar?V>

wignelson
Impressive
Impressive

Post by wignelson » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:51 am

Mar 24, 2009, 7:40pm, ideascapes wrote:Wig,This rivals "Butthole Surfers" as the most un-PC title or band name! Some really good production elements in there and the vocal sort of floats above the band.Listing? Retro songs about brains in a jar?V>Thanks for responding, Vince,Counting you, that's at least one person. Un-PC? I rather thought that was the point. This is just a first draft thrown together in a couple of hours. Yes, it's a silly song. If you're not careful, you can edit yourself right out of existence. You'll have to forgive the attempt at jocularity. Have you heard my song called, "I've Got A Bag For Your Head?" You might find that one un-PC as well. The guitar player likes it and will lay down all new tracks soon with a better sound. Then there will be harmony and a new bass track and so on.I think I'll keep the vocal treatment as is. Maybe floating above the band is the right place for an un-PC song.Wig

dada
Active
Active

Post by dada » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:32 am

Hey wig,great lyrics and concept.. your arrangement does have some good production values.. I would like to hear a more straight forward drum beat or maybe change it up a little between what you have and something a tad simpler.. Musically, the lyrics need something a little more edgy and new sounding to really make this shine.. not sure the piano needs to be there at all.. I guess I am trying to say "punkier"..Anyhow, just my two cents..Dave

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:52 pm

It's a good track... though I wanted to hear lots of crazy drums crashes at the Chorus!!! Rev it up yea!!! more distorted guitars & madness needed at the Choruses!! More!!! and perhaps screaming the same line further in the background...-K
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com