Got Three Minutes?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Got Three Minutes?

Post by eokamura » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:11 am

Howdy allI need a little input on this one. My songs are usually a bit more indie/alt sounding than this one. Don't quite know where this one came from but it's definitely more straight ahead and rootsy than most of my stuff. Does it work? and what do you think as far as genre goes? Alt-country? Indie folk? Thanks for your time. eo.http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=eoRun to StayOh no not meit's not the way it's supposed to becan't face the daycan't run awaycan't run away, oh noso I run to stayI just stay...you're all I've gotyeah you're everything that I'm notbut I make you paydon't run awaydon't run away, oh norun to stayjust stay...

partyofone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Got Three Minutes?

Post by partyofone » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:31 am

Hey Ethan.. cool tune.. nice vocal tone and I dig that harmony.. I think it works and is pretty!

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:47 am

Very pretty song eo.I would put it in the Singer-Songwriter category. I know that is a broad genre, but if you were aiming at the alt-country genre, you might consider some elements that are common there - a slide guitar, or a little harmonica, or a bit of lap steel. I think the song has tons of vibe though and would definitely pitch it to any of the singer-songwriter listings out there that don't specifically ask for modern production.Best,Cisko

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

So far I like all of the songs I've heard from you! Man, I'm the worst a sticking songs into the correct genre but I think this could work for an alt country ala Ryan Adams/Wilco type of thing. Those listings pop up quite a bit-

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:54 am

Thanks guys, good to hear you like it. I was afraid it might be a little too soft and gooey. Yeah, idon't think I'm done tracking on it, we'll see where it goes. Peace. eo.

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:15 am

I think it leans toward the Alternate Indie Folk...nice pace... I like the harmonizing on vocal parts...-K
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

heckxx
Impressive
Impressive

Post by heckxx » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

Sounds very good to me! Some of the chords and melodies in the prechorus-y parts of the song sound a little off to me. I do like that wavy synth in the right especially, its subtle but definitely adds the right feel to the song.-Jeff

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:48 pm

Ethan,Cool title. Sounds like singer songwriter ballad. I don't think I'd add too much to the production...maybe make the guitar fills beefier in places. Works pretty sweetly as a simple arrangement.Vince

eokamura
Impressive
Impressive

Post by eokamura » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Hey K, Jeff and Vince - Thanks for taking the time and your kind comments. Funny, I thought this tune was gonna get ripped a bit, just goes to show...something. Cheers lads. eo.

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Turns out I had 3 minutes to kill. And I'm glad I did. I don't do songs and won't comment on them as I hate "experts" who don't do what they are talking about. But this is an interesting and unique song. Soft and Gooey is contrived and this doesn't feel that way to me. Feels good and honest. I like.B