Do These Make The High Bar?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Do These Make The High Bar?

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

Mar 24, 2009, 1:29pm, billg wrote:Cool songs and great production! One nit, and it may just be me but it sounds like the low notes on "Queen" are a little below the singer's "comfort zone", otherwise a great job-Yeah Bill, You got it right! The song was originally written for my friend Mini but she got sick just as we we're gonna do the vocals. So Henry stepped in to save the day, but yes the song is at the low end of his range as you noticed. Still he gave us a great vocal and I soo dig his voice on this.Thanks for the compliments!Cisko

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:58 am

Mar 24, 2009, 1:46pm, reasondemon wrote:If You Read My Lips...My personal favorite yea! I find this song's structure simpler compared to Queen... & I'm a fan of simplicity...However, I believe that Queen with No Crown stands a higher chance of getting the placement...Both Gr8 songs! My personal pref. is this "If You Read My Lips"Still listening now... really enjoying the guitar bridge... mmmm, nice! =)-KelThanks Kel!Yeah, you never know, so I tried to cover my bases. We'll see. I'll keep you posted on what happens.I agree on the guitar bridge, very interesting production from my buddy Jorgen.Best,Cisko

ideascapes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ideascapes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Cisko,I just typed out a long, detailed list of comments on this song and by the time I hit "Post Reply," I was logged out! Bummer. I'll try to summarize: - Queen = great tune...hear some Bowie - Very ambitious...4+ minutes. Were I the Creative Director, I'd see that as a bonus: you can drop the needle in many different places and hear something interesting and unique, but same vibe. - This song could be played behind a very extended scene; I'd pitch it also to the TV show, Life on Mars.V>

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Mar 24, 2009, 7:57pm, ideascapes wrote:Cisko,I just typed out a long, detailed list of comments on this song and by the time I hit "Post Reply," I was logged out! Bummer. I'll try to summarize: - Queen = great tune...hear some Bowie - Very ambitious...4+ minutes. Were I the Creative Director, I'd see that as a bonus: you can drop the needle in many different places and hear something interesting and unique, but same vibe. - This song could be played behind a very extended scene; I'd pitch it also to the TV show, Life on Mars.V>Thanks Vince!I'm sorry your comments were deleted. I would love to have heard some more from you. I heard some Bowie too when we recorded him. It's interesting what happens when you push someone past their comfort zone. Henry was a real trooper to sing this song in the key center it's in.Best,Cisko