gassy Rudolph bombed

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

gassy Rudolph bombed

Post by feaker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:22 am

What a hoot this has been. Had to wait for two weeks for the critique. Said music was a seven, lyrics eight and all the rest fives."not close enough to what the listing asked for" and "the track isn't produced" (whatever that means) Some folks said they wanted to see the critique so..http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... paul,hello and thanks for the submission. the track is outrageous but may just work in the right avenue. the track could be forwarded if the call was for dark xmas parodies but not without some arrangement and production tweaking. the acoustic guitar and drum machine usually pulls the track into demo mode. try broadening the sound design by bringing in some real player (drums. bass) to add personality. ultimately, the underscore treatment will add to the parody. the dark lyrics over a legitimate arrangement & production would create a more profound impact. think 'weird Al" and you'll find the right recipe. keep writing and good luck!

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: gassy Rudolph bombed

Post by billg » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:07 am

Ah, nobody wants to let poor Rudolph play . . . now that sounds familiar.

rlcmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rlcmusic » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:16 am

!!!Well, the lyrics got an 8 eh! - I don't think we'll forget this track - that's for sure. Giving the track a "more profound impact" could be interpreted in many different ways sonically Best wishes,Rachel

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:57 am

If I place five bucks on the nine on the craps table and win, all I get back is seven bucks. Got a lot more enjoyment out of this. At my age, outrageous is a huge compliment:)

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 am

Awesome!! Not too shabby... outrageous is just the reaction I would be looking for .The "isn't produced" is a reference to the "demo quality" of the recording. Do you apply "master effects" during mixdown? I'm just starting to come to grips with mixing... library subs require broadcast quality which is possible with decent gear. This sounds like a good critique... giving you some good pointers to work on and it sounds like he enjoyed the song (most likely laughed out loud) so I say great job.... gotta tune rudolf up for another flight.... Geo