Returns...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

longrider
Active
Active

Returns...

Post by longrider » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:08 am

Got my second Return. But the screener did write a nice letter. Feel like a long lost solder waiting for his love to write and when he finely gets that letter, it says that she has been unfaithful but she is still waiting for me. Wish they had more blues listings. I could lay out some depressing blues licks about now.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Returns...

Post by jchitty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:08 pm

Quote:Got my second Return. But the screener did write a nice letter. Feel like a long lost solder waiting for his love to write and when he finely gets that letter, it says that she has been unfaithful but she is still waiting for me. Wish they had more blues listings. I could lay out some depressing blues licks about now.Yeah, I know that feeling too....I'm getting used to it though. One thing, I don't do is post right after I get a critique. I'd scorch all these threads....it'd be like me using a flamethrower. I take a quite 'time out.' Then I go eat some cheescake. After an hour or so, I'm happy again.

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:31 pm

If I followed your cheesecake idea I'd be 700 pounds now!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Quote:Got my second Return. But the screener did write a nice letter. Feel like a long lost solder waiting for his love to write and when he finely gets that letter, it says that she has been unfaithful but she is still waiting for me. Wish they had more blues listings. I could lay out some depressing blues licks about now.As a writer pitching stories & articles, I had enough rejection letters to wallpaper a room. And I had cheques from the articles I had placed. Good articles would be turned down because they just published something like that, because it didn't fit their editorial calendar, all kinds of reasons that had nothing to do with the writing itself. I figure songwriting is no different - if you know your craft, and your demos are decent, you can still count on getting returns. It's just part of the biz.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

brennanhester
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by brennanhester » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:32 pm

I've been getting a kick out of my (plenty of) returns, 'cause a couple of times the screener has asked for more information within the lyrics and then given me examples of what he or she wants to know. So, I sing to myself a little line of expository information to the tune that could never in a million years fit within the meter of the song. It doesn't make me any money, but it entertains me...and takes the sting out of it all.I bet that doesn't help anyone at all! Sorry!

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:43 pm

It helps me Brennan.... I got a batch of 'jecks" tonight too.... the screener said something about my sharona... I misplaced my sharona ... so I'll have to borrow one if anyone has a spare...ArkJack