Signed Deals for Two Songs

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

frankmv
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Signed Deals for Two Songs

Post by frankmv » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:02 pm

Hello TAXI, Signed two songs on two Sony BMG Compilation CD's...one for Salsa (just published July 2...I received my complimentary copy today - available at http://www.vivid.pl/muzyka/13106358,hot+salsa.html) and the other for a Smooth Jazz compilation CD (to be released in September). The songs in question are "Antojos De Mi Tierra" on the Salsa CD, and "Can't Find Love" on the Smooth Jazz CD. Both signed with Arizona University Recording, a music publisher. I'm pretty excited about my success and I'm hard at work on my next CD offering. Yes, TAXI, it really does work! Perseverance and hard work do pay off. I never expected to hear from anyone, but here I am...thank you.Frank Villafane

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Signed Deals for Two Songs

Post by davewalton » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:13 am

Hey Frank,Looks like you answered your own question sometime back...Quote:Should I contact the company, or wait to be contacted (assuming they want to contact me)? Quote:Hello TAXI, Signed two songs on two Sony BMG Compilation CD's...one for Salsa (just published July 2...I received my complimentary copy today - available at http://www.vivid.pl/muzyka/13106358,hot+salsa.html) and the other for a Smooth Jazz compilation CD (to be released in September).Congratulations Frank! Here's my quote from your original thread above...Quote:I listened and enjoyed your songs by the way. One of those niche things that no everyone does or can do. Kind of like Spariams Celtic music, unique and very useful.For my next trick, maybe I'll try to foretell MY future. Dave

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:04 am

OK I'm sold,I'd like a Dave Walton t-shirt please, extra large.(forest green, or camouflage colors)and congratulations to Frank! Fabulous news!

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:48 am

Yeah Frank,Way to go! I checked out your site and music and you're on your way!Congratulations!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:34 am

Wonderful. Keep on keeping on.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

frankmv
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by frankmv » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:48 am

Dave, Mazz, Steve, and Traveling Ed; Thanks for the congratulatory messages, and Dave...thanks for the very timely advice you provided a while back. The thing I like about getting a signed deal...the client has come back to me already for new material (I was put on his "A-list"). A TAXI-member friend of mine, Khadafy (a great trombonist & musician, and decent human-being), who has had much of his music published, has informed me that once you achieve "signed deal" status, you are perceived with new-found respect and your music is imbued with a new "professionalism". While I can't say my music is now more "professional" than before...I have to agree with his assessment vis-a-vis music publishing - once you're published, that carries a great deal of weight with future possible deals. And of course, the repeat business isn't bad, either! Anyway, thanks again all...I'm going to have to frequent this forum a bit more from here on out!Take care...Frank V.

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:16 am

Quote:Signed two songs on two Sony BMG Compilation CD's...one for Salsa (just published July 2...I received my complimentary copy today - available at http://www.vivid.pl/muzyka/13106358,hot+salsa.html)I finally read your post Frank... Awesome! It could have happened to a more exciting, talented music artist!Congrats!Allen

jensen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jensen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:00 am

big congrats, and respect to youhope all goes well and you get plenty of salesjensen

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:11 am

Quote:A TAXI-member friend of mine, Khadafy (a great trombonist & musician, and decent human-being), who has had much of his music published, has informed me that once you achieve "signed deal" status, you are perceived with new-found respect and your music is imbued with a new "professionalism". While I can't say my music is now more "professional" than before...I have to agree with his assessment vis-a-vis music publishing - once you're published, that carries a great deal of weight with future possible deals. And of course, the repeat business isn't bad, either! I made the experience that since I have quite a few big-sounding names on my reference-list some doors open more easely - which means: it's easier to talk. it doesn't necessarily mean that you get a deal, but at least you make a diffrent (hopefully better) impression as if you have no track record.congrats to the placement (..btw: I got 4 tracks on the same disc too;)).cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

frankmv
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by frankmv » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:02 pm

Hey Marty, I checked out your site...a lot of placements. Congrats! I can see my song is in good company (I recognize a couple of your tunes). Hopefully, this is the start of a long career in music library placements. Thanks for the kind words...Frank V.