ET - Access Hollywood - Electronica Dispatch

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ersatz

ET - Access Hollywood - Electronica Dispatch

Post by ersatz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am

Has anyone had a forward with this dispatch? I submitted 3 instrumentals and they were returned. Thought at least one ("Pure Energy") was pretty close to what I've heard as background tracks for these types of shows. The other submissions were "Acceleration" and "Get Your Groove On _ HOUSE MIX"

Any feedback appreciated and anyone who has had a forward who can let us check out their tracks also appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

http://www.taxi.com/jeffbichaylo

forgot to give the listing:

D110405EL

30 to 60 SECOND DANCE/ELECTRONICA INSTRUMENTAL CUES a la shows similar to Access Hollywood, etc., needed by a Full Service Music Publishing Company with a solid relationship to a Major Network, for use in multiple shows! Cues submitted should be upbeat, energetic, and rhythm-driven. They said, and we quote: “The network uses over 100 cues per day, 5 days a week, so the possibility of much of this material (from TAXI) being used is VERY HIGH.” This company offers an exclusive deal. Broadcast quality needed (excellent home recordings are okay). Please submit one to three instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than NOON (PST) on Tuesday, April 5, 2011. TAXI #D110405EL

dschreiberjr
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ET - Access Hollywood - Electronica Dispatch

Post by dschreiberjr » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:46 am

That's a good question, I thought Pure Energy hit the nail on the head, as far as the listing goes. Did you get any feedback on why they were returned?

rpittelman
Impressive
Impressive

Re: ET - Access Hollywood - Electronica Dispatch

Post by rpittelman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Hey Jeff

I see that this post is kinda old but I figured I'd give you my 2 cents if you're still interested.

I just listened to all 3 tracks. I actually thought that "Get your groove on_House mix" was right on target. I thought that the other 2 were a little off stylistically. In particular the drum sounds and some of the synth sounds didn't feel right to me. I'm not listening in my studio right now but sometimes cheap speakers can give you a better read if there are weaknesses in a mix.

I'd be curious to know what the Taxi screener said. Of course it's subjective but I personally have had placements this season on Access Hollywood so I would hope that I have a clue as to what they want :)

Anyway, like I said, I'm surprised that Get Your Grove on didn't get forwarded.

-Robbie