My first trip to TAXI RALLY

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnyfive

My first trip to TAXI RALLY

Post by johnnyfive » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:06 am

Hi all,
My name is John Newsome. I'm from Newcastle, Australia. I'm breakiing out and buying plane tickets to my first rally this year! I have been dreaming about doing this for a couple of years. I'm a performing singer/ songwriter- Christian Contemporary folk/ rock.
I'm looking forward to joining in the taxi community. I really value it and get a sense its going to be an amazing eye opening experience. If you see me, come and say hi- I know noone- so am excited by the challenge.
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on what to participate in as a first timer- i really want to get as much out of it as i can! I'm busting to know more.
See you all in November.
John

www.johnnewsomemusic.com
www.taxi.com/johnnewsome

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My first trip to TAXI RALLY

Post by ragani » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Hi John,

You're going to LOVE the Rally! Get plenty of sleep, and get ready to be blown away!!

You will meet a TON of people-- it's a friendly bunch at the Rally, so you'll find new friends starting at day one in the registration line... and many of us hang out in the lobby between sessions & panels ('cause that's where the liquor is... LOL!).

I know there's been several posts of suggestions for Rally prep in the past, but I'm not finding them just now... Anyone else have those links for John? Bring a few CD's that you can share, good to decide ahead of time who you'd like for your mentor session (they fill up fast at registration), a few snacks can help for the long afternoons, a handful of business cards, a good notepad & pens, a light jacket for the ballroom session (even if it's hot in LA, the ballroom is always A/C'd)... I also like to have a small shoulder bag to carry my stuff in for the day... So those are a few for starters. ;)

Either way, see you in a few weeks! 8-)

Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

johnnyfive

Re: My first trip to TAXI RALLY

Post by johnnyfive » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks Raags! Great to meet you here. Such great advice- will follow thru :-)

All the best- hope to meet you there.

regards,
john