Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Post Reply
User avatar
Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:23 pm
Gender: Male
Location: San Antonio, TX
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by Paulie » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:11 am

Great post and great success Mark. You've got the skills and the ear, I envy you! I wish I had tax when I was in my 20s. ;)

Paulie
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | http://www.taxi.com/paulcroteau | https://soundcloud.com/yopauliemusic

User avatar
relse1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 am
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by relse1 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am

Really inspiring, Mark - thanks for sharing your stats and thoughts. I myself have a bunch of forwards but no placements yet, and it's easy to get discouraged. It's a marathon, I know - so thanks for the positive story - and congratulations!!!
Robert

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by markhimley » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pm

jdstamper wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Mark, I didn't think it was misleading at all. You still went from almost nothing to 80 in only a year, and that is great!

Jim
Well I suppose that is true, thanks again!

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by markhimley » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Paulie wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:11 am
Great post and great success Mark. You've got the skills and the ear, I envy you! I wish I had tax when I was in my 20s. ;)

Paulie
Thank you Paulie!! The grass is always greener on the other side; as I've reminded you a handful of times now I'm quite envious of your prolific output. I don't think you give yourself enough credit, because even after showing me *how* you do it, I can't pull it off the way you do. We'll both get there man 8-)

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by markhimley » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:24 pm

relse1 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am
Really inspiring, Mark - thanks for sharing your stats and thoughts. I myself have a bunch of forwards but no placements yet, and it's easy to get discouraged. It's a marathon, I know - so thanks for the positive story - and congratulations!!!
Robert
Thank you, Robert! Yes, just keep going one day at a time. It is indeed a marathon and it is absolutely exponential. Someday the snowball WILL start rolling - the work you do NOW determines how big that snowball is.

User avatar
jaywilliams
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 277
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:52 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Bellingham, Washington, USA
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by jaywilliams » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Mark thanks for blazing the trail. Congrats on your well deserved success! :)
see you at the top!

James Hagarty dba Jay Williams Productions
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by markhimley » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 am

jaywilliams wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:34 pm
Mark thanks for blazing the trail. Congrats on your well deserved success! :)
Thanks, Jay!

User avatar
chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:45 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by chrismugs » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:36 pm

a great and inspiring post! thank you for sharing and helping other members and forum users see how the journey can be rewarding and frustrating. it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you at last year's Rally. congrats on the past success and wishing you more in the future

markhimley
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 888
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: South Dakota
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by markhimley » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:51 pm

chrismugs wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:36 pm
a great and inspiring post! thank you for sharing and helping other members and forum users see how the journey can be rewarding and frustrating. it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you at last year's Rally. congrats on the past success and wishing you more in the future
Hey thanks, Chris! It was indeed a pleasure, looking forward to seeing you again this year!! Hope you have a killer 2019

kyliecouper
Active
Active
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:58 pm
Location: Sydney Australia
Contact:

Re: Happy BMI Day & 3 Year Recap/Update

Post by kyliecouper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:35 pm

Just reading your post again. Reminding myself to harden up!!!
Thanks for all the help and inspiration!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests