MIDI?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Post Reply
User avatar
tresero
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Havana Cuba, Mesa AZ
Contact:

MIDI?

Post by tresero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 am

I am interested if you think this track sounds like a midi/ virtual instrument track? I got two returns (which isn't any issue) both mentioning virtual instruments. What do you think?

It's the Cumbia Tipica track in my profile.

Thanks in advance, and to keep the suspense down, it's 100% live and real instruments.

User avatar
ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by ttully » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am

Hi John,

The link to your Taxi page does not work....

Tim

User avatar
tresero
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Havana Cuba, Mesa AZ
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by tresero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:54 am

ttully wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:50 am
Hi John,

The link to your Taxi page does not work....

Tim
I just tried it and it worked, but here it is a different way:
https://www.taxi.com/tresero

Sorry about that.

User avatar
ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by ttully » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:59 am

It works for you.... because you are logged in.

Tim

User avatar
ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by ttully » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Hey John,

Ok....here is what I hear...

The whole thing lacks emotion.
It seems very quantized and everything seems to be played at the same velocity.
Put some swells into those horns!!!
Vary the volume of stuff!

The guitar sounds midi (even though it may be real)...it is because of the tone.

Also the track just kind of ends.... you need to put a definite ending on it.

If you fix up those things..you will have a much much better sounding track!!!

My 4 cents worth,
Tim

User avatar
DannyWeber
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 738
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by DannyWeber » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:07 pm

tresero wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 am
I am interested if you think this track sounds like a midi/ virtual instrument track? I got two returns (which isn't any issue) both mentioning virtual instruments. What do you think?

It's the Cumbia Tipica track in my profile.

Thanks in advance, and to keep the suspense down, it's 100% live and real instruments.
Hi Jon,

I am pretty sure your using all live instruments and the screeners’ don’t always get it right but the track sounds a little repetitive to me.. which can give the impression of MIDI!

I’ve heard your music Jon! You’ve written more interesting tracks than this! I wouldn’t worry too much about certain critiques. There’s just too much competition out there from, excellent sounding sample libraries to think the screener is singling you out!

Just something to think about.

Dan
https://taxi.com/dannyweber
https://soundcloud.com/dannyweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

User avatar
tresero
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Havana Cuba, Mesa AZ
Contact:

Re: MIDI?

Post by tresero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:00 pm

DannyWeber wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:07 pm
tresero wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:05 am
I am interested if you think this track sounds like a midi/ virtual instrument track? I got two returns (which isn't any issue) both mentioning virtual instruments. What do you think?

It's the Cumbia Tipica track in my profile.

Thanks in advance, and to keep the suspense down, it's 100% live and real instruments.
Hi Jon,

I am pretty sure your using all live instruments and the screeners’ don’t always get it right but the track sounds a little repetitive to me.. which can give the impression of MIDI!

I’ve heard your music Jon! You’ve written more interesting tracks than this! I wouldn’t worry too much about certain critiques. There’s just too much competition out there from, excellent sounding sample libraries to think the screener is singling you out!

Just something to think about.

Dan
I get it. I'm not worried about the track. It's a throw-away I did in 2 days. The guitar sounds like that because it's a Cuban tres :) I was just curious about the MIDI thing. Cumbia is repetitive so I kind of modeled that. No biggie. Like I said, not really worried about 1 track.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest