Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Patrick
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:40 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by Patrick » Mon May 20, 2019 7:04 pm

I think if I made an album in less than a week, it would all be filler. There would be a heavy emphasis on scat singing, lengthy solos on the triangle, and lots of cowbell! :lol:
Bad art can make you laugh
Good art can make you think
Great art can destroy you

- Me

(Did he just quote himself?? Yes! Yes I did!)

User avatar
ChrisW
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by ChrisW » Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 am

Great work Andrew - how many tracks did you write?

Well done!

Chris

User avatar
ResonantTone
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by ResonantTone » Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 am

ChrisW wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 am
Great work Andrew - how many tracks did you write?

Well done!

Chris
Chris,

I had 2 tracks that were almost complete (minor tweaks needed... totaled less than a half hour for each I believe), and created 7 original for the listing as well. I just recently posted on of the originals on my soundcloud if you wanna hear. :)

https://soundcloud.com/resonanttonemusic/fresh-air

I will say that by the time I got it all done, I needed a day to recoup and not do anything creative for a bit with my normal music time. I took that time to dig in to lots of taxi tv and some other youtube stuff for a bit. Needed a bit of a reset! :D

Andrew

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by MBantle » Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am

ResonantTone wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:20 am
ChrisW wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:41 am
Great work Andrew - how many tracks did you write?

Well done!

Chris
Chris,

I had 2 tracks that were almost complete (minor tweaks needed... totaled less than a half hour for each I believe), and created 7 original for the listing as well. I just recently posted on of the originals on my soundcloud if you wanna hear. :)

https://soundcloud.com/resonanttonemusic/fresh-air

I will say that by the time I got it all done, I needed a day to recoup and not do anything creative for a bit with my normal music time. I took that time to dig in to lots of taxi tv and some other youtube stuff for a bit. Needed a bit of a reset! :D

Andrew
Hi Andrew!
Congratulations. May I ask how many tracks there are on the album (i.e. what they typically ask for)? All the best.
Cheers,
Matt

User avatar
ResonantTone
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:32 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by ResonantTone » Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am

Hey Matt!

Thanks!

They gave me the guidelines of 5-10 tracks. I wanted to get them as much quality stuff as I could, so I shot for 9 total tracks (2 were already close to completion when I got asked) and a one week time frame. I was just barely able to pull it off. Lots of lessons learned on many levels. :)

Andrew

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:12 pm
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by MBantle » Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 am

ResonantTone wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:45 am
Hey Matt!

Thanks!

They gave me the guidelines of 5-10 tracks. I wanted to get them as much quality stuff as I could, so I shot for 9 total tracks (2 were already close to completion when I got asked) and a one week time frame. I was just barely able to pull it off. Lots of lessons learned on many levels. :)

Andrew
Hi Andrew!
Thanks for letting me know. I can imagine it was a great exercise on so many levels! I am sure you will look back at it as a defining moment.
All the best.
Cheers,
Matt

User avatar
ChrisW
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Help needed.. Got asked to make an album!

Post by ChrisW » Wed May 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Lovely track Andrew - real tight - nice guitar.

Congratulations - it's well deserved.

Chris

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests