Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

User avatar
roguenoisemachine
Getting Busy
Getting Busy
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:30 pm
Gender: Female
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by roguenoisemachine » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:24 am

Well done, Arttu!!!

I was also forwarded for this one :D I especially like the lift at 1:11. Very unexpected and the mood fits the brief just right!

Best of luck!

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Hey there! Thanks for the feedback Mark! You're absolutely right about the piano on the intro and the outro. I'm really only starting out (done music professionally for a couple of years) and I've been on this path for some time to try and maximise and optimise everything, practically put everything on steroids. This is because I've been stressing out that my track would stand out and especially commercial music.

I have recently learned, that can, of course, be fun and somewhat useful in some cases, but for a piano tune like this or classical-sounding music in general, its not. Another thing I've learned just in the last few months is that when working with advertising music and audio branding, the clients usually don't want any steroids on their tunes, they want something that will sound good, set up a mood but DOES NOT JUMP OUT if it's not deliberately meant to do that. And this has led me thinking that maybe submissions here should be less loud and smoother to work more universally to get more forwards or eventually even actual deals?

As for the outro, I hardly have any time to finish my songs so the outro usually sufferers from that :( I think I should put a sign on my studio wall that says: remember the outro!!!!

Anyway, hope you're having a great weekend!

All the best,

- Arttu


cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Nice

A few of the notes jump at at me as being quite hard on the piano on the intro..there seems to be a thing for softer velocities but turned up louder these days..it builds really nicely though, I just wonder about the ending..seems a bit ambigious .

Mark

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:40 pm

Thanks! Congratulations to you too! I'd love to hear your submission.

- Arttu
roguenoisemachine wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:24 am
Well done, Arttu!!!

I was also forwarded for this one :D I especially like the lift at 1:11. Very unexpected and the mood fits the brief just right!

Best of luck!

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 pm

:!: :!: :!:
superkons wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 am
Well, wow!

I got this close :)

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks Bruno!
brunosantanna wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 am
Arttu wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm
Yes yes yes!

Just got a forward in the Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUE submission with my song called Somnium:



Feeling excited!
Beautiful! Awesome track!

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks Jay!!
jaywilliams wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:51 pm
great soundscape Arttu, congrats on your Forward! well deserved! :)

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks Donnalyn for the uplift!
Donnalyn wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:12 pm
Wow, fabulous piece of music! Congratulations!

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Thank you Lamar!
LamarPecorino wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:59 pm
Congrats on the forward. Best of luck!

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Thank you Danny for the warming comment!
DannyWeber wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:54 pm
Congratulations Arttu! Excellent track!!


Dan

User avatar
Arttu
Active
Active
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Helsinki
Contact:

Re: Forward in Slowly Evolving, PIANO-Themed INSTRUMENTAL CUES

Post by Arttu » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Arttu wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:39 pm
Hey there! Thanks for the feedback Mark! You're absolutely right about the piano on the intro and the outro. I'm really only starting out (done music professionally for a couple of years) and I've been on this path for some time to try and maximise and optimise everything, practically put everything on steroids. This is because I've been stressing out that my track would stand out against commercial music (meaning modern pop mostly).

I have recently learned that pumping up everything on your track can be fun and somewhat useful in some cases, but for a piano tune like this or classical-sounding music in general, it is not. Another thing I've learned just in the last few months is that when working with advertising music and audio branding, the clients usually don't want any steroids on their tunes, they want something that will sound good, set up a mood but DOES NOT JUMP OUT if it's not deliberately meant to do that. And this has led me thinking that maybe submissions here should be less loud and smoother to work more universally to get more forwards or eventually even actual deals?

As for the outro, I hardly have any time to finish my songs so the outro usually sufferers from that :( I think I should put a sign on my studio wall that says: remember the outro!!!!

Anyway, hope you're having a great weekend!

All the best,

- Arttu


cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:06 pm
Nice

A few of the notes jump at at me as being quite hard on the piano on the intro..there seems to be a thing for softer velocities but turned up louder these days..it builds really nicely though, I just wonder about the ending..seems a bit ambigious .

Mark

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], TCerniglia and 2 guests