- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:09 am
1. How long does it usually take to get feedback for your songs? I submitted 2 songs 3 weeks ago and I’m still waiting to see if I’ve been forwarded or not.
2. If your song gets forwarded and ultimately chosen how long does it take for the company to get back to you? Do they contact you through taxi? Or through your email?
3. I’ve seen some information on forums about adding “metadata” to your tracks with your information. What does this mean and how do you do it?
- Getting Busy
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:10 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Berlin, Germany
2) They contact you directly because they are getting your contact data through TAXI. It can take months until this happens. Sometimes (actually quite often) you won't get contacted at all, because they found something better, because a project for that they were seeking music was cancelled, because, because, because ... That is the normal way things go.
3) Normally, a WAV and MP3 file can contain extra fields in their header like "composer", "artist", "year of production", "genre" etc. It is important to put at least your name into that so that in case your files are re-discovered months later on some hard disk where nobody doesn't know any more where they came from, a library or producer can still contact you. These meta data can be entered when saving your file (e.g. export from your DAW). If your DAW cannot export it, simply use a free software like Audacity to store files with these meta data.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests