Value of a website for a TV composer?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Value of a website for a TV composer?

Post by hummingbird » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:17 am

I'd say anything a music end user needs to know is on the front page of my website - credits, a bit about who I am, with music on the 2nd page and 'as heard on' on the 3rd.

I chose to include My Story on the 4th page for those who'd like to know more. I don't just compose instrumental cues. I am a writer, a speaker, a teacher, etc. I'm interested in cultivating relationships with like-minded professionals in the film industry, who are themselves story-tellers.

Whatever website you do have, you need to decide who your audience is and speak to them, for sure.

H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Link: Vikki Flawith Music

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 am

hummingbird wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:17 am
Whatever website you do have, you need to decide who your audience is and speak to them, for sure.
I have none

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by guscave » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm getting ready to start my own site soon because as I approach new libraries, I prefer to have them go to my own personal site instead of a generic Soundcloud or dropbox link. Personally I think it's a more professional appearance. Check out Wixx, It's not as expensive for a simple one page site.

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by GBall » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:55 am

DBarnett wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:41 am
These are good points for sure but at this time $250 a year is more than I make in royalties, sadly lol
A google website is free, with the usual up front of buying a domain name. I went ahead an paid $3 a month for a custom email address using my domain, instead of @gmail.com. $20 a month for some band sites with merch or whatever doesn't fit my needs.

FWIW,
Greg