Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Re: All Goood Fellas

Post by CTWF » Fri May 10, 2024 2:39 pm

XrashGates wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:04 pm
and Cosmic you were just born to be a bitch, I'm just not sure why god gave you testicles
LMFAO :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV, radio, and advertisement placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Any Feedback (singer/songwriter)

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri May 10, 2024 3:18 pm

XrashGates wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 1:48 pm
Everyone is in the same boat. Get used to it. Its only half a million streams in your opening week
Here in the UK the average Official Number 1 Single was streamed over 7.3 million times a week in 2022, while you needed 2.5 million streams to make the Top 20 and 1.7 million streams to make the Top 40. To hit those numbers you'd need a great track, a big fanbase or a sizeable marketing budget.

45.6 million Spotify tracks had 0 streams in 2023. This is according to the data from Luminate’s 2023 Year-End Music Report which also revealed that 158.6 million tracks received 1,000 plays or less on streaming services last year

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Fri May 10, 2024 10:23 pm

XrashGates wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:56 pm
Have your ever heard of this expression "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity"
Yup, unfortunately that is something that I have observed over my six years on this forum. There are less than a handful of people who post the same kind of subpar sounding tracks over and over again, get very good advice from the more successful people on this forum, and then do …

nothing! Until they post the next almost exactly same sounding track.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV, radio, and advertisement placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

XrashGates
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by XrashGates » Fri May 10, 2024 11:48 pm

Last edited by XrashGates on Sun May 12, 2024 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat May 11, 2024 1:35 am

XrashGates wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:48 pm
Remember what you said yourself "no platinum producers here" hmmm I wonder why?
This isn't a place for platinum producers, it's a place for musicians to actually get good enough that they can do something with their music and get it heard by people in the industry. Whether that's for sync which is a more realistic option for many of us or to be able to submit for an artist pitch or for a record label looking for new acts.

Tom didn't even have a DAW when he joined, he was using Audacity iirc but he got lots of good advice and eventually got his music onto TV and now an Apple Ad. I doubt this would have happened without the support he got here.

There are successful Taxi members across the board. In addition to the handful who've had artist cuts over the years, there are several members who've gone on to run their own production music libraries, publish books, have successful Youtube channels as well as many many members who get paid to have their music in film & TV. Plenty of them earning a full or part time wage with their music. Plus of course the former Taxi screener who went on to become a mega-famous pop star.

What have you achieved of note ? I suspect nothing. Tell you what why don't you put your money where your mouth is and submit your best song for a Custom Critique and if you post it to the forums I'll give you the $20 myself.

XrashGates
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by XrashGates » Sat May 11, 2024 2:43 am

Last edited by XrashGates on Sun May 12, 2024 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sat May 11, 2024 2:44 am

This is how you started this thread:
XrashGates wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:47 am
Just a penny for your thoughts if this song would suit an artist like Lewis Capaldi

if not what would I need to do with this track to make it appealing to him?
So, you want to produce something that fits a certain artist. What you wrote below then seems to imply, that your own goal is somewhat impossible anyway:
XrashGates wrote:
You are what you are. Nothing is going to change that overnight. Not even the best of intentions. No matter how many times I suggest to you "be and do songs like Dua Lipa" just because she is on the charts, you're still going to be doing Tom the sync forum guy for while.
Then you got the answer that your demo is not up to scratch anyway. But you do not seem to like that answer:
XrashGates wrote:
What is subpar, is the band aid strips posted by all the fan boys on this forum
No, you got good feedback. Your production is not good enough (yes, even as a demo) and neither is the song since it lacks a proper hook.

Why don‘t you take the advice and improve your production and the song?
Last edited by CTWF on Sat May 11, 2024 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sat May 11, 2024 2:45 am

XrashGates wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 2:43 am
Tell me Mark

what is your relationship with the industry and taxi and all the regular guests on the forum?
I can answer that: a somewhat abusive one. :lol:

XrashGates
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by XrashGates » Sat May 11, 2024 2:48 am

Last edited by XrashGates on Sun May 12, 2024 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sat May 11, 2024 2:52 am

Maybe someone should have written something positive as well: I think the song starts in a catchy manner (the piano line is good melodically) and the topic of love never gets old. However, a better hook and better demo production is needed.