Deleting a song after it's been forwarded

Before you rant, READ THIS!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hubert

Deleting a song after it's been forwarded

Post by hubert » Sat May 25, 2024 2:10 pm

Once a track has been forwarded, is it ok to delete it from our profile?

The reason I ask is because I am about to submit of my forwarded tracks to another listing, but I would like to improve the mix a bit. Do I need to upload it again under a different title, or can I delete the existing one?

(Apologies if that's been answered before, I went through the FAQs but couldn't find anything related)

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Deleting a song after it's been forwarded

Post by AlanHall » Sat May 25, 2024 2:25 pm

It is possible to press the 'edit pencil' icon under the track (RH corner) and replace the audio with a new file. Will that do what you want?

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat May 25, 2024 2:28 pm

Ah yes, that's perfect, thanks!

Out of curiosity: will the library get the updated track or the one that was originally forwarded? (in other word, do they get sent a music file or a link to the music on TAXI?)

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat May 25, 2024 2:43 pm

Are we talking about a track that's already forwarded? If that's the case, you can email Taxi. My suspicion is that the file is on its way to the library and no further updates possible.

I found out (the hard way) that updating a track on my user page does nothing to a track linked (or rather, copied) to a screener's inbox. So the screener does even get a link, but rather a copy. If you find yourself with a new version - in the brief period of time between submitting a track and having the "edit" button disappear on the pending submissions page - you must then click on the "edit" button and upload from your computer straight into the screener's inbox. Updating a track on my user page does not automatically update the audio file that was submitted. [aside] I've had submissions where the "edit" button is gone before the listing even closes! My revised M.O. is to upload to my page, but not to submit until the very last opportunity (for me) to make revisions has passed. In other words, close to the submission deadline. [/aside]

Bottom line, in my understanding: There's no guarantee of being able to revise a track once the submission process is complete.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat May 25, 2024 4:19 pm

I would ask Taxi about deleting after a forward, at least in the near term after. I'd be careful. What would be the reason to delete it anyway? There's room for lots of songs on your profile.

:D Casey

hubert

Post by hubert » Sat May 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Sorry I wasn't very clear about my question:

I had a track forwarded (yay!), and there's another listing for which the track would be suitable. But I want to adjust the mix a bit. So, I don't want to change anything to what's already been submitted. But I wondered if I could update the track for the other listing.

I guess I can upload a new track with a title like "xxx - version 2", but thought it might be better to just update the original track. That led me to wonder what the first listing would get - the original track (which is fine), or the updated one (which I guess is also fine)