Happy Earth Day.....

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Happy Earth Day.....

Post by arkjack » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:18 am

And while I'm at it, I'll also send my belated wishes to Von and Felonius...So I was trying to be a good man for Earth Day. Only used one paper cup so far, and I recycled last night. Everything was going great, until a hornet flew in my open window here at the office. I had no choice but to chemically terminate him with RAID. (Too bad Ern can't do that....) But it brings to mind having to share the earth with pests like ticks, hornets, and cockroaches...... I think someone somewhere had a good intention to make the earth a better place when they introduced "pesticides", its just an idea that didn't pan out....ArkJack

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Happy Earth Day.....

Post by byllsong » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:21 am

Happy Earth Day Mother NatureWe treat you like crapBut you still keep on giving.Don't give up on us yet...we're getting better.
Billy

feloniuspunk
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by feloniuspunk » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks for the birthday wish! Actually I wrote a couple of tunes that are sort of Earth-centric. Lac Fantom (French for Phantom Lake) is a tune about a mirage in a dry lake bed on the way to Edwards Air Force Base. Komodo Requiem is another tune I wrote to try and raise awareness for Komodo Dragons (everybody needs a champion). They are still being poached to this day and have no real defense against high powered rifles. You can listen to both tunes here:http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... epicsEnjoy!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:51 pm

Dearest Ark,I'm really sorry to hear you've poisoned the atmosphere in a desperate attempt to save your own life. Please tell me you're not a repeat ecological offender. In self-defense, I myself killed 15 mosquitos (the size of collies) and found a tick in my hair (the size of a tick) and woulda given almost anything for a can of Raid.Mother Nature is alive and well down here and trying to EAT ME.Scared SquidsP.S. Good job on recycling!

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:42 am

S E Johnson..... a Family company.....

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:47 am

I don't believe in recycling but I once spraid a pest with insecticide and I breathed in a lot of fumes - talk about feeling wonky hahahaha that'll teach me I guess!