TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE PODCAST MEDIA

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE PODCAST MEDIA

Post by guscave » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:03 am

Hi,Several months ago I discovered this new media called “podcast”, and although it is only less than 2 years old, podcast has been growing considerably. What surprises me is how few Artists are taking advantage of this new media as a way to promote their music.As a songwriter, I maybe skeptical about giving my music out for free, but I've noticed how bands who were being played on shows like “Accidental Hash”, or “The Rock and Roll Geek Show”, have been seeing a significant increase in their online sales. Back in August I started my own weekly podshow (called A Better Day), and although it is not music related, I do play about 2 songs per episodes. One band that I played on the show sent me an email, saying that after I played their song, they registered with music.podshow.com and had 3 other podcast played their song. They have seen a nice increase in their website visits and have sold about 10 CDs from the direct result of the podcasts. Our show is available thru iTunes and we have over 2000 listeners per month. There are shows out there with way much bigger numbers. This new media has a lot to offer, and I think as it becomes more popular (and user-friendly) you’ll see a lot more independent Artists making significant advances in their career due to podcasting. Here's a list of some of the podsafe directories out there. Check em out.www.music.podshow.comwww.podsafeaudio.c ... _arena.php and of course visit our show www.abetterdaymedia.com

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE PODCAST MEDIA

Post by hookstownbrown » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:10 pm

Is this something that is exclusively fed to ipods?