Questions about Listings

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DorothyWallace
Impressive
Impressive

Questions about Listings

Post by DorothyWallace » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 am

Is this forum for getting more information on a particular listing? for example, there was a listing for a female vocalist like Joan Jett or Pat Benatar. To me Joan Jett is a rock singer with a cool voice and Pat Benatar is a classically trained vocalist with a 3 octave range. I have some songs that are pretty difficult that I would not pitch to someone who has a voice like Joan Jett.

I'm just wondering if we're supposed to post those questions here or should I be calling the 800#? I have looked at some posts and the responses seem to be from other members.

Dorothy

http://www.taxi.com/dorothywallace

lowden2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Questions about Listings

Post by lowden2000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am

Hey Dorothy,

This forum is a great resource for finding out more about particular listings!
I had posted questions here before, and in one instance Michael got back to me personally to clarify a listing.
If you still have questions after posting here, the TAXI folks are usually really happy to help on the phone.
Welcome! :)

Best,
Dirk

lowden2000
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lowden2000 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:05 am

ps Sorry to say that I personally don't have an answer for you as far as the Pat Benetar / Joan Jett question goes. Somebody will, though!

jfraizer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jfraizer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Hey Dorthy

I agree with the way you compare Joan Jett & Pat Benetar's voices and singing styles. However, if you think about the structure of their songs instead of their vocal range, you can then bridge their similarities.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:46 pm

I think it comes down to them hitting the music scene around the same time-- early 80's. So what matters here probably is the common element in the type of songs they sang.

Can you post the text of the listing?

Also, besides singing voice, they might be looking for someone with the "look" of Joan Jett or Pat Benatar since this person would be fronting a band.

Without the listing text, it's hard to offer more... my comments might be conjecture.

:) Casey