Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

User avatar
davekropf
Impressive
Impressive
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by davekropf » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:33 am

Hi all,

I just heard about http://www.Reelcrafter.com during a music library AMA, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it. It looks really promising.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4297
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by Kolstad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Didn't know it, before I read your post, Dave.
Went ahead and signed up for the free acct, and worked up a demo reel in about 15mins.
Looks like this Reel
Last edited by Kolstad on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 5371
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by andygabrys » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:42 pm

Very cool - thanks for posting.

Good looking reel too Magne!

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 4297
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by Kolstad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Tnx Andy, very easy set up in 15 mins. You get one free reel with up to 20 tracks, and 2 pics.

I can use that. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!

User avatar
andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 5371
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by andygabrys » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Kolstad wrote:Tnx Andy, very easy set up in 15 mins. You get one free reel with up to 20 tracks, and 2 pics.

I can use that. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!
Just did one too -Andy's Reel

User avatar
edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 726
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:01 am
Gender: Male
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by edmondredd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:48 pm

andygabrys wrote:
Kolstad wrote:Tnx Andy, very easy set up in 15 mins. You get one free reel with up to 20 tracks, and 2 pics.

I can use that. Thanks for the heads up, Dave!
Just did one too -Andy's Reel
That's a nice one Andy!

davekropf wrote:Hi all,

I just heard about http://www.Reelcrafter.com during a music library AMA, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it. It looks really promising.
Was checking the site a moments back, wondering if it was yet another streaming platform.. I'd be interested to know if they have the soundcloud's private option enabled or not
edmond redd
________________________

Image Image Image Image

User avatar
andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 5371
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by andygabrys » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Yes you can do private playlists, and multiple playlists.

But the free option only allows one play list.

If you are already paying for the SoundCloud pro it's probably a no brainer to pony up for Reelcrafter paid accounts.

User avatar
edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician
Posts: 726
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:01 am
Gender: Male
Location: Dubai, UAE
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by edmondredd » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:59 pm

andygabrys wrote:Yes you can do private playlists, and multiple playlists.

But the free option only allows one play list.

If you are already paying for the SoundCloud pro it's probably a no brainer to pony up for Reelcrafter paid accounts.
great, thanks for that Andy.. will check this one out than!
edmond redd
________________________

Image Image Image Image

User avatar
funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro
Posts: 5059
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 am
Gender: Male
Location: So Cal
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by funsongs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Kolstad wrote:Didn't know it, before I read your post, Dave.
Went ahead and signed up for the free acct, and worked up a demo reel in about 15mins.
Looks like this Reel
Yeah - that looks very cool; very "professional".
Thanks!
Peter Rahill
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://taxi.com/peterrahill
“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

User avatar
Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 11:24 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Contact:

Re: Reelcrafter.com Thoughts?

Post by Cruciform » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:54 pm

I haven't been able to find what quality they stream at. Anybody seen that around?

Edit: RC have answered. It's 256Kbps AAC.

Ps. Also had a quick chat with them about creating a plan that sits between the mid and high tier versions and that would focus primarily on function without the vanity frills. Would like to see if that eventuates.
Last edited by Cruciform on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests