Rock Track for Brief

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Rock Track for Brief

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat May 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Hey Everybody! Happy Memorial Day Weekend.... Here is a little ditty to get you fired up!!!
https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-

LISTING:
Lots of '70s & '80s-Style ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by an A-List Sync and Music Licensing Company with a very successful track record of placements in Film, TV, and Commercials.

This Company is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the following references:

"My Way, Soon" by Greta Van Fleet

"Getouttahere" by Super City

"Nobody Wants To Die" by Rival Sons

QUOTING THE COMPANY: "We're looking for some fun modern rock Songs that have their roots in classic rock of the '70s or '80s, but are new and fresh. I’m open to male or female vocals. Songs need to have been recorded in the last five years or so, give or take."

Please submit modern Rock Songs with lots of energy and a sound that is reminiscent of '70s and '80s Rock! Your submissions should have catchy melodies, memorable choruses, throwback rhythms, solid arrangements, and well-performed vocals. Instrumentation that is stylistically consistent with the references and similar tracks will work best, such as electric guitars, bass, drums, etc. Please be sure any virtual sounds or samples you use sound are high-quality and genre-appropriate. Confident, well-performed vocal performances are needed.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal, so please be sure the Songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Saturday, May 25th, 2024. TAXI # S240525CL

We kinda went for the Rival Sons vibe on this one, but maybe not! lol
It is due tonight, so nothing can be done now, but please feel free to offer critique anyway - This is how we all learn right???
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

Yajhil

Re: Rock Track for Brief

Post by Yajhil » Sat May 25, 2024 7:45 pm

Hiii. Ok so when I listened to your song and then one of the examples, I thought they were in the same vein so if it's based on that then you should be set. However, I saw the word modern in the listing and I was like, hmmm, I don't think this song is modern, but it fits the example, so huh? I am now confused lol. To me, if what they really want is something like the examples, again, then yes. If modern really is the requirement then I don't think this is modern. It truly sounds like something from the 80's and I mean that in a good way. I hope it gets chosen though! Good luck! Let us know the feedback.
Just a guy making demos hoping someone else will polish and perform them!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sat May 25, 2024 8:18 pm

I hear ya bro----CONFUSING listing to say the least.... However, every time I complain about not understanding the brief, someone comes in here and chimes about how obvious it is.....WTF?? I dont know!!!
I suppose my mindreader skills suck!
thanks for taking the time, and Happy Holiday Weekend!

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Sun May 26, 2024 5:19 am

Great song again , mate!
Cool rock stuff, but I'm also understand Yaj and I'm not sure with what they want with the modern.
Melody, general sounds?
I already submit a song for this listing as well and tried different mixing concepts, if it will work, I'm not sure.
In the end of the day we have to please just one guy and although they are professionals and the job it self is not easy, personal taste has some influence in the final decision.
Good luck to us!!!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun May 26, 2024 6:09 am

Great song and I do think it has a good shot for this listing. When all is fails as far as being sure what they are looking for, A/B with the reference track(s). I agree that where the line is between modern and retro influenced can be a but blurry. Hopefully, this one gets the nod!

You're quite the rocker! And your vocalist is amazing. :D

Casey

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun May 26, 2024 8:33 am

Thanks guys- @WSAO I listened to one of your tracks that I think is for this brief and it is way cool as usual!
@Casey I know it is the same old story with me on here....difficulty understanding the brief...... I will get there eventually!

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Sun May 26, 2024 10:52 am

First of all, killer track. Fine line, right? In general I hear a little more of a raw, garage rock influence in the ref tracks, more of a live band feel, roomy sounds, live drums especially. Your track is really good and i wouldn't be surprised if it gets a forward but sounds more slick, more of a studio production. I'd say it's a little more of an 80s tribute than a current production channeling 80s influences.

Good luck!

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Mon May 27, 2024 12:51 pm

Great song, regardless of how it fares in relation to this listing. You got yerself a great vocalist there - I've heard his voice on many of your songs, and he always brings the heat.

Hang in there, Brad. You're making great music!

~~Matt

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue May 28, 2024 7:15 am

i hear ya..... so it is modern musical stylings with 70's and 80's production?? Or 70, 80's musical stylings with modern production?
What I hear in the references are throwback bands (70,80's) with more modern production. The references are also confusing.
Super City "Getouttahere" sounds to me more like New Wave/The Knack
Greta Van Fleet "My Way, Soon" is more of something that would be heard on Led Zeppelin 3 with a modern country touch
Rival Sons "Nobody Wants to Die" is more of a straight up 70's rocker

In any case, thanks for the feedback, and wish us luck! I think it is a 50/50 on this one personally ..... I am going to take ML's advice on my "Featured Artist" page from February however, and start calling them for clarification on some of these listings! They are gonna LOVE that! lol

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Tue May 28, 2024 7:20 am

VanderBoegh wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:51 pm
Great song, regardless of how it fares in relation to this listing. You got yerself a great vocalist there - I've heard his voice on many of your songs, and he always brings the heat.

Hang in there, Brad. You're making great music!

~~Matt
Thanks Matt - I have known the singer for 30 years now, we played in bands together way back in the 90's in LA......etc..etc We were even roommates at one time (Pity on whomever had to clean that apartment after we left! ha!) It is great working with a buddy, and not a work for hire in this situation... Even if I write the entire track and do scratch vocals, we split everything 50/50, so it works out well!! Someone in another thread said "he sounds like it is 1986" Well, if you met this Dude, you would literally think it is 1986!!!! lolol