Sample Logic Morphestra?

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Sample Logic Morphestra?

Post by Kolstad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

Yes, this forum was what we gearheads needed :D Thanks Michael!

I consider getting Morphestra.. http://www.samplelogic.com/morphestra.html I loved the demos of A.I.R., but got Heavyocity's Evolve instead as that was newer and maybe not as worn in the publishers ears as well as having some cartoonish menu's, and because I thought I would be going for Morphestra at some point, and didn't want too much overlapping.

Any Morphestra owners out there? It sounds a little bit a la the Omnisphere/Stylus combo to me, would that be about right? Would you think Morphestra is too much of an overlap if you own Omnisphere/Stylus already?
Ceo of my own life

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Sample Logic Morphestra?

Post by crs7string » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:30 pm

Magne,

I have Morphestra and I like it a lot. It compliments Omnisphere and Stylus.

I used it in Kontakt 4 and it is very stable. (I think it come with the Kontakt Player)

The sounds are also very tweakable.(filter, eq, effects,arpeggiator etc.)

It is great for mystery and tension type cues. Very cinematic sounding.

I also like the fact that you simply plug in the hard drive that is comes installed on. There is no sitting there while 5 DVD's of samples are installed.

Overall, I like Sample Logic's vibe. I also have Synergy and The Elements.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks Chuck,

Yeah it sounds really sweet. Im with you on the vibe of Sample Logic's stuff! I love that they have included some orchestral samples from Kirk Hunter in there too, just adds to the versatility it seems.

Im upgrading my whole library section, so I'll probably will be getting LASS and Motu Ethno 2 as well (haven't made the final decision, yet).

These sample libraries are just great, but I can see the issue of one finger composing. I'm a guitarist like you, so the trick is to be tasteful and sneak some 'real' playing in there too (allthough Im very pleased playing midi guitar as well).

I think you're doing an amazing job of that with your music! Any thoughts on using these things from a fellow guitarplayer?
Ceo of my own life

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Magne,

LASS is on my "to add" list as well.

I just upgraded to Ethno Instrument 2. It's 64 bit and seems to be "playing well" with Sonar. Ethno Instrument (1) was nearly unusable in Sonar.

I also us Ethno World 4 for world sounds and like that a lot. Like Ethno Instrument, there are loops in addition to instruments. It is a Kontakt instrument and uses Time Machine to sync loops to the tempo in your DAW.

I do a lot of world music, so I own RA, and Silk in addition to the two already mentioned.

I don't do as much midi guitar as I should. I think my phrasing would be more "life like" especially on a koto, shamisen or kora part.(etc)

There is no end to the possibilities (a two edge sword) but to play at a high level, one has to have the top tools.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:29 am

Yeah, I agree. You need the top tools to be able to get great sounds, despite you have to work fast. There's not much time to remix and tweak bad sounding samples, at least not if you want a high octane productivity. That's also why I'm upgrading the pallette.. but these things also just sounds sooo cool 8-)
Ceo of my own life