Shortcuts to Hit Songwriting

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jlizerbram
Impressive
Impressive

Shortcuts to Hit Songwriting

Post by jlizerbram » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:33 am

I ordered this book, standard shipping, got it next day...go figure! Started going through the book - extremely well organized and fun to read! I look forward to picking it up each time, and I keep it next to me in my home studio - such a great songwriter's reference. The http://www.robinfrederick.com website rocks too! Thanks Michael Laskow and Robin Frederick for partnering up and giving us a great resource.Jeff LizerbramSan Diego, CA
Jeff Lizerbram
TAXI Member

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Shortcuts to Hit Songwriting

Post by ontariolightning » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:25 pm

shortcut to hit songwriting...well if that isn't a bunch of bull then I'm not sure what Is

matthoggard
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matthoggard » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Dont mind him Jeff.He's got cabin fever. But hes a really good guy. M~

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:17 am

Shortcuts to hit songwriting? Is that where you hire someone else to write it?

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:27 am

Dec 30, 2008, 12:17pm, horacejesse wrote:Shortcuts to hit songwriting? Is that where you hire someone else to write it?Where you hire someone else to write, someone else to sing, someone else to produce, someone else to play, someone else to record, someone else to master, someone else to manage, someone else to publish, someone else to distribute, someone else to advertise, someone else to write a business plan, and someone else to collect... Really, it's shorter, and you make way more money. Really!Nice to see your name again Horace. Missing ya!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:21 pm

OK, to get back to what this thread was REALLY about...Robin's book KICKS ASS!!! I have easily read 10-15 books this year about songwriting and the music biz, and this is very possibly my MOST favorite of all of them.She has the (unusual) ability to write her book/chapters to make them sound JUST like her live seminars sound...fast, energetic, cut to the chase. It is a GREAT book, and I'm already on my third time of reading through it.Worth every dime spent, ten times over.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

slowdance
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slowdance » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Mine just arrived today...............Hope your right on this read Ted.....Regards,Dick

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Dec 30, 2008, 6:01pm, slowdance wrote:Mine just arrived today...............Hope your right on this read Ted.....Regards,DickI'm going to maybe stick my neck on the block here, but...I was struck at the Rally by how many of the folks we all look up to in this biz (and I'm specifically talking about MOSTLY the authors of the songwriting/music biz books we've all been told to read) are well into their late 50's and 60's and even 70's.Now, let me clarify RIGHT HERE... I am 50, so I'm not saying anything BAD about being 50 yrs old. And my guess is that Robin is also probably near 50, if not already a few years older than me.But the Brobec twins were walking around the Rally, looking like they needed in home hospice care. John Braheny, God love him, is getting up there... Sheila Davis, to my knowledge, doesn't even DO seminars anymore (and quite frankly, her books don't hold up well or read like they have anything to do with the current market).We NEEDED a fresh voice. And Robin is it. I will bet money on your loving the info she has to share, and especially the way she shares it.Let me know.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks Ted I just tried to order this bad boy...but they were out at "amazon" (the link on her website). any other place to get this?

songbird

Post by songbird » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Jeff, are you sure you had the correct link? I just ordered mine and it was OK.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all